*Spoilers* iMPACT 21/3 Discussion

Buzz Lightyear

Another decent episode of iMPACT so far (seen up to the AJ interview)

Loved the video packages from Bully Ray explaining how he got the Aces and Eights together, thought it tied up a couple of issues with the group.

Tag Team titles match was a fun match, loving the work that Aries/Roode are doing and right now the Tag Division is incredibly strong. Looks like they are building up towards Bad Influence vs Aries/Roode which should be fantastic!

Thought Taryn Terrell did very well on the mic and TNA seem to be really investing in her.

Not buying into the X-Division changes, especially every match being a three-way. Just feel they are unnecessary changes and doesn't solve the problems they have.

Also like I mentioned last week, I find it really uncomfortable seeing Hogan move these days, he looks knackered and I really don't think TNA should be putting him on TV like this.

Love Sonjay's foot-stomp by the way :thumbsup:

j.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a good episode of Impact. The Bully Ray videos made everything come together and actually made me think the entire 9 months was great booking, still a little too long but still great. Enjoyed the silent moody AJ Styles too. Kind of going for the attitude where he just hates everybody.

The main event was just awesome. All 4 of those guys would be a great opponent for Bully. Where as the x-division 3 way sucked balls till the end. When its 2 X guys in the ring its good but when there's 3, its just 2 guys standing there waiting for the third to set up his latest flip/movez. The X Division guys need to watch the 4 way main event to see how a multi-man match should go. Just glad we didn't have to see York again, he is dire. But every X match now being a 3-way just says to me that they want to try to re-live Styles/Joe/Daniels through other guys and its not gonna work.

Another good episode of Impact. Tag title match was decent, I wonder what is next for Chavo and Hernandez' future as a team, thinking about it; they haven't exactly set the world alight as a team but they've been consistent for about eight months now so fair play to the pair of them. Aries and Roode vs Bad Influence should be great viewing, there are a some great verbal exchanges to be had by them and Roode and Aries seemingly get cheered wherever they go these days so it doesn't really have the issue of the fans being confused and silent which typically happens during a heel vs heel match.

Kenny King looked good this week; I liked his interview before the match about having the odds stacked against him when he played football when he hit too hard against the kids his own age. He is slowly coming into his own and a bit of time to present a jock like character could be good for him and continue to remove him for what looked like a Shelton Benjamin - 'making up the numbers' role.

Hogan needs to lay off Sting; how dare he tell Sting to and hide in the rafters for a few years like he usually does when things get a bit too much. Thinking about it; Hulk is often quite mean spirited on camera these days; the sooner Hulk and Sting-man reunite to take on Team 3D the better.

I thought Hardy putting his rematch at stake for the sake of the company was a wee bit daft, but its Hardy; he's a good guy. The Four way was a quality TV main event. I enjoyed Magnus' role in the match as the guy who was predominantly neutralizing Hardy. I think there is definitely still some mileage in a Joe/Magnus team; its probably the best way to present Mag as a face too as his persona doesn't really inspire too much excitement from the US audiences like it does in the UK so I think there is still some work to be done depending on how TNA want to present him.

Angle looked decent and its always good to see him and Joe duke it out regardless of how often it has happened over the years. A nifty little win for Hardy here and a nice opportune Swanton.

The Bully video segments were pretty good and was a great way of keeping the Aces and Eights as a focus of the show without repeating the beatdowns. It's nice to see wrestling revisited as we are so used to everything being chucked away and regarded as being meaningless these days; particularly in WWE so this was fairly fresh. Next week for the Aces and Eights I want a Bully Ray squash.

• Paid Members
Hogan needs to lay off Sting; how dare he tell Sting to and hide in the rafters for a few years like he usually does when things get a bit too much. Thinking about it; Hulk is often quite mean spirited on camera these days; the sooner Hulk and Sting-man reunite to take on Team 3D the better.

Sting's always been a proper mug, though. Everyone that Sting has ever been mates with going back to the mid-80s have not only stabbed him in the back but twisted the knife as well. Hogan said for months he didn't trust Bully, but daft shite Sting convinced him otherwise, and now Hogan's daughters life is ruined because of it. Sting deserves the shit he's getting. Hogan's never done him wrong in the past.

Now what would be fitting is for Sting to beg for Hogan's forgiveness and then Hogan turn on him to teach him another lesson.

Hogan's never done him wrong in the past.

:D

Out of curiosity, where was Impact this week? How have the crowds been for the live shows. I missed last week's stupidly.

Same place as last week. There taping an episode live, then taping another episode afterwards to show taped. Locations will change every fortnight.

Hogan said for months he didn't trust Bully, but daft shite Sting convinced him otherwise, and now Hogan's daughters life is ruined because of it.

Hulk liked Bully just fine when he was working for Immortal, Sting forgave them both for their sins in true born-again style.

sting-hogan_zps2ffcc54f.jpg

To be fair, they have quite a dysfunctional relationship.

• Paid Members

Hogan is being a dick.

Anyway, decent show. The X Div is a bit of a mess, eh? Everybody in it seems a bit Poundland - very much a shift when they had Aries beating everybody. I'd give Joe the title back, at least folk are into him, despite being a bit of a mess.

Bad Influence v Dirty Heels won't be anything other than great. Strong and over gimmicks and they can all work.

I agree it was another petty good show and the Bully videos were a great piece of work.

I didn't care much for the inclusion of the four way though, it just didn't make a lot of sense. Hogan claims it's now a War between TNA and the Aces & Eights, so the first thing he does is listen to (stupid) Jeff Hardy and book his top TNA soldiers against each other. Why immediately book a match that might cause tension with your boys, when you could book them against the actual bad guys? Also, if the Aces & Eights want to hurt the TNA lot, why didn't they attack at the end when 3 out of the 4 top Hogan guys were laid out and Hardy had just been through a tough match? It seemed a perfect time to attack, but nothing happened.

The Aces and Eights shite in every segment would have been overkill. They were all over this show as it is.

The ending just seemed the absolute perfect time to run out and clubberize all four top Hogan picks. I appreciate they were trying to keep the Aces & Eights off the show (other than in recap form) this week, but it seemed to be set-up perfectly for an attack.

• Paid Members

They did that last week. You don't want to end the show the same way all the time. Especially since they taped the show the same night as the previous one. The fans in the arena would have been wondering what was going on if the same group gave the same guys a good hiding about 90 minutes after the last one. Maybe Bully and his team didn't fancy their chances against Hardy on this form and decided against it. A babyface should stand tall every now and again. You dont want to beat them down every week and have a situation like with the nWo, where you'd go "here they come, time for another kicking". TNA are desperate for babyfaces. There's only Sting (who has done this storyline every year since 2005 with Planet Jarrett, the Main Event Mafia, Immortal and countless others), Hulk Hogan (who is on crutches more often than not) and Jeff Hardy. AJ Styles will probably join them, but that's a long way off. The rest either have no credibility left (Storm and Joe), aren't accepted yet (Magnus) or play it for laughs (Park and Eric Young).

It was more the thought process behind booking the four way that I thought was silly. Hogan comes out all pissed off, declares war, brings out his top guns and then decides on a whim to make them fight each other in the main event. You'd think some sort of multi-man, team building deal would make more sense, or even posse-up and head for the clubhouse for some sweet revenge. Surely "all the TNA boys" getting behind Hardy for his ex-Champion's re-match would have put over Hardy just as well as winning a four way match.

I agree that they don't want to over-do the nWo style beat-down endings, but in fairness, up until Bully turned they'd become a bit shit. I don't see too much problem with keeping them really strong for a while yet.

Anyway, it was a minor gripe. I shouldn't really be surprised with Hogan making a silly decision. Talking bollocks is pretty much his deal these days.

• Paid Members
Anyway, it was a minor gripe. I shouldn't really be surprised with Hogan making a silly decision. Talking bollocks is pretty much his deal these days.

Obviously didn't see him out promo the whole business at Lockdown and in that segment with Sting last week. Doesn't need to exploit anyones death or near death to do it either.

Obviously didn't see him out promo the whole business at Lockdown and in that segment with Sting last week. Doesn't need to exploit anyones death or near death to do it either.

Huh?

I was referring to him rambling on at various points over the last year about "TNA, this little good company that's on the brink, brothers of something that's fixin to blow up huge dudes... I can feel it brothers, there's a buzz about this place dude... "

Not to mention his "ying-yang, up-down, hide the ball, blah blah, yes, no... I've had enough of it brother" promos. I swear, he's been at some good meds while in TNA. Rambling Hogan is great fun, I just wish Flair was still there too.

Archived