*Spoilers* iMPACT 3/14 Discussion

Buzz Lightyear

Matt Morgan really frustrates me, he could be amazing, he has the look, the size, the charisma, but it is just when he gets in an actual match, he does not wrestle to his size, he fanny's about in the ring and looks uncomfortable in his own body. He is brilliant when he can destroy people in segments, but i'd really love to see him change up his style somewhat in actual matches.

I agree with this. I like Morgan, his size and physique are incredible. He's not too bad on the mic either but there's something about him that bores me. His tattoos look shit and I wish he'd do something better with his hair. The only thing I can recall liking about him is the tag team he was in with Crimson and there theme tune wasn't bad either.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He was pretty decent as the One Man Tag Champs

But sucks otherwise,i think he tries to Wrestle to much like a smaller guy when he should just embrace what he has been blessed with.

Didnt do Nash any harm

To be fair, he's been wrestling like that since he came back. Doesn't rush about all over the place, does a few "immovable object" spots, doesn't use those never-getting-over corner elbows, and generally tends to stick to clubbering, a sidewalk slam, a chokeslam and the Carbon Footprint. He's improved quite a bit in that respect, and that monstrous beard is helping with it too.

Aces and Eights looked pretty badass didn't they? (Apart from D'Lo and Tazz obviously) but seriously well done Bully Ray so well deserved, finally at the top of the mountain!

Wes Brisco looks class doesn't he? He looks like a proper nut job, think they should split him or Garrett into the X-Division and maybe give Knox and Doc to the Tag Team Division, maybe make things a bit more interesting and give guys something to do apart from beat people down!

Really good show, the arena looked fantastic too. Glad to see AJ back looking a bit different as well which is all good.

• Paid Members

Its a shame the Aces and Eights aren't, well, any good. They looked pretty good and their leader is excellent. But the rest don't do much. You aren't going to get big exciting multi-man bouts like the Dangerous Alliance or The Shield or the Horsemen. There isn't any cool factor or charisma like DX and the nWo. Its a group where the whole act seems to be made up of people making up the numbers. Anderson, Tazz, D'Lo, Garrett and Wes Brisco either can't work (in some cases literally) or have such a preconceived smell of their old gimmicks (Mr Anderson and D'Lo especially) that I can't stop thinking "fucking hell, D'Lo's looks out of place with his trainers and leather vest". They really should have had some proper names in the bag before they started this angle. Like a Steiner or a Nash. I know they are UKFF favourites, so I forgive you if eyes start rolling when I say that, but their character history says they would probably fit this group far more than Anderson and Tazz would. Anderson in the gimmick looks like if Richie Cunningham borrowed the Fonz jacket on a night out. Luke Gallows and Mike Knox are used as the modern day Harris Boys as well. They just stand there and if a job needs doing, they call upon Mike Knox or the Grizzled Young Yet.

For me, its a shame there isn't enough appealing wrestlers in the Aces and Eights to actually have a bunch of cracking matches. Sting vs Devon and Wes Brisco vs Samoa Joe aren't very appealing. The angle is 50 times better than what it was, but its just a shame the players on both the heel and babyface sides weren't more stacked.

GAY ROH STYLE OPINION OF THE DAY: Kevin Steen would have been pretty awesome in this group. He can talk and brawl and has facial hair. Three things you need in a heel group.

I still don't understand why Gunner isn't a part of the group. He's fucking perfect, he has a character that fits and a backstory that makes him a badass.

• Paid Members
I still don't understand why Gunner isn't a part of the group. He's fucking perfect, he has a character that fits and a backstory that makes him a badass.

Agreed. Plus, with Bully (and still, perhaps, Eric Bischoff), there's a bit of Immortal backstory (probably the only good thing they can salvage from that shite). Gunner would look the fucking business in jeans and a kutte.

• Paid Members

Remember when people were touting Chris Masters and Cliff Compton to be part of the group? Instead they went to tackle house fires or ROH and instead we got Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco. Two unfixable turds.

Archived