*Spoilers* iMPACT 3/14 Discussion

Buzz Lightyear

Thought it'd be a good ideas to start a topic seen as though this show will get a fair bit of discussion.

Really enjoyed the show last night, one of the best weekly episodes I've seen from either company for a while with a really hot crowd who were invested in the product.

Couple of highlights:

- Aces and Eights came across as a really strong group, obviously this hasn't been the case for a number of months but with Bully leading the way we might start to see what this group is all about.

- Joe Parks continues to amaze me in terms of the character he's playing now and how incredibly good he's doing it. Little things like using the hanky when nervous really add to the character and love the cheap pops. Oh and he has the best music in Wrestling.

- AJ Styles angle was excellent, you could see it coming but either way it came across really well. Love how once he hit Storm his hoody just went back over his head :thumbsup: Phenomenal.

- Add the great in-ring action on the show with a really fun Knockouts Tag Match and Sting/Aries (which was excellent) it was a really good show.

I could add more because there was so much good stuff happening on TV. Great to see and a really great job by TNA. :thumbsup:

Oh and...

BFW84HjCQAAJgFj.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a great show, they've hit the ground running after Lockdown and have a bunch of interesting things on the table for the coming months now. There's so many entertaining and relatively fresh characters on the show. Fantastic crowd as well, looked really major league.

The first thing was that the whole crowd and lighting looked big time, easily comparable to say Smackdown or maybe even RAW. They grow around 8,000 last night, 10,000 last Sunday. They struggled to draw 5,000 for a outside PPV last year.

The show was great, Aces and Eights seemed fresh and exciting. I loved the ending, if Hogan vs. Bully doesn't happen I'll riot!. The angle with AJ was great. I had a small chuckle at the 'feed me more' chants at Robbie T but I'm glad it quickly fazed out. This is the first singles match I've seen Sting in ages, he clearly stepped up last night but he clearly struggled too.

The first thing was that the whole crowd and lighting looked big time, easily comparable to say Smackdown or maybe even RAW. They grow around 8,000 last night, 10,000 last Sunday. They struggled to draw 5,000 for a outside PPV last year.

The show was great, Aces and Eights seemed fresh and exciting. I loved the ending, if Hogan vs. Bully doesn't happen I'll riot!. The angle with AJ was great. I had a small chuckle at the 'feed me more' chants at Robbie T but I'm glad it quickly fazed out. This is the first singles match I've seen Sting in ages, he clearly stepped up last night but he clearly struggled too.

Yeah I heard that too. No problems for me, at least the crowd is involved.

The crowd loved the Knockouts too.

744722118_zpsdc213170.jpg

A normal fan would generally assume this is WWE. I hope TNA can keep this momentum up, could be a potential game changer.

The first show was always going to be the easiest one to sell good tickets for.

Guess we'll see how it's developed 6 months down the line. Still feel that 5/6k arenas are the way to go for the next year.

Just checked out the opening segment and got to say the arena looked fantastic. I'm glad to see TNA have invested alot of time and money into making their arenas that more presentable on TV. Seeing Bully with the belt is just great and I liked the dynamic of him also coming out of the crowd. Serg also sings along to The Aces and Eights theme tune which is pretty good.

As you do, I looked at the Aces and Eights t-shirts online where it appears within the UK they have ran out of every size apart from small. Good sign to see them selling abit of merch as there was a fair few t-shirts which popped up in the crowd this week.

Oh and...

BFW84HjCQAAJgFj.jpg

Okay so bare with a non-regular TNA watcher here but is there a reason why Kazarian and Daniels are dressed as LOD or is it just a cool photo?

LOD are from Chicago where the taping was held. They proclaimed themselves as the 'Legion of BOOM'. Good segment, should watch it.

TNA's Tag Team Division right now really is incredibly strong isn't it?

Three solid teams and in the background there's Joe/Morgan, a Potential Aces & Eights Tag Team and also a future return of the Motor City Machine Guns.

I'm loving the fact that they don't have another PPV for 11 weeks, no excuses in not building up a really strong Slammiversary PPV and setting up Bound for Glory.

TNA's Tag Team Division right now really is incredibly strong isn't it?

Three solid teams and in the background there's Joe/Morgan, a Potential Aces & Eights Tag Team and also a future return of the Motor City Machine Guns.

I'm loving the fact that they don't have another PPV for 11 weeks, no excuses in not building up a really strong Slammiversary PPV and setting up Bound for Glory.

When did Shelly re-sign with them like?

Archived