DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
In the director's cut, the bullets just keep slamming into his body for another 3 or 4 seconds, it's hilarious. I love the shot of the technicians desperately pulling out wires during the count down. It's one of the great scifi scenes. ED 209 still looks the nuts to me.

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

Kenny's chest explodes.

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

Kenny gets thrown back onto the model of Delta City.

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

Kenny's chest continues getting ripped apart.

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

Kenny's chest continues getting ripped apart some more.

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

Kenny's chest is nothing more than pulp.

"Someone call a paramedic!"

Without the ludicrous amount of shooting this just sounds like a pointless thing to say, rather than a comically pointless thing to say.

• Paid Members

Gravity - Fuck me! My shite actually looked like worm trails in the sand when I finished watching this, such was it's abundance of sphincter clenching tension.

Absolutely gripping beyond belief and beautiful looking to boot.

There were times in the cinema that people started laughing at the realisation that the whole room holding it's collective breath.

Just a great fucking cinematic experience and one I'm going to go to at least once more so I can actually pay to see it and give it the few bob out of my pocket it deserves.

• Awards Moderator
Can't wait to see Gravity. When's it out properly?

4th October in the US, 8th November in the UK.

That's ages away! I'll be there regardless, but why is it that some films - even biggish ones - still have such a gap between releases? Pixar do it as well, there were months between Monsters University coming out in America and it coming out over here.

• Paid Members

The boardroom scene in Robocop fucking destroyed me when i was younger, i felt empty after watching that.

As for the Texas Chainsaw Masscare remake, forget the sequels and reboots. The first remake is very good, quality cast (Jessica Biel in a vest!), quality villains (R Lee Ermey!), and some gorey set ups. Its a good watch.

...special mention to the mini bus interrogation scene, one of the finest scenes in modern horror, its fucking intense.

• Paid Members

I watched a film tonight called Gimme The Loot and I would recommend it to everyone. It's on US Netflix and it was fantastic. It's about a couple of graffiti taggers in New York trying to raise some money so they can get into Shea Stadium and put a tag in there. It was really funny, the music was awesome, and it's one of the best films I've seen this year.

Saw 'In A World' the other night in the cinema.Was enjoyable enough,stayed just on the right side of smug Hollywood wankery.The main girl (Lake Bell) is a decent actress as well as being easy on the eye,and the majority of the supporting cast have their moments,Nick Offerman and Ken Marino especially.Plus the guy who played Lake Bell's dad reminded me of Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince,which can only be a good thing.

• Moderators
I watched a film tonight called Gimme The Loot and I would recommend it to everyone. It's on US Netflix and it was fantastic. It's about a couple of graffiti taggers in New York trying to raise some money so they can get into Shea Stadium and put a tag in there. It was really funny, the music was awesome, and it's one of the best films I've seen this year.

Sounds right up my street. Will have to check it