Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

I saw one about a suicide hotspot in Japan a few weeks ago. Think I may have mentioned it in the documentary thread actually. Here it is on youtube for those interested, they actually find a still clothed skeleton in the video.

There's loads of interesting shit in those short Vice documentaries on youtube.

Have you seen the Japanese Cannibal one on there? That dude is batshit crazy.

Edited by Ebb

I finally got to see The Room on the big screen at the Prince Charles Cinema this week.

It is an experience every movie fan should take part in. There is nothing more fun than getting to shout some of the films line with a room full of people.

The Cameo Cinema in Edinburgh was showing Singin' in the Rain today. Utterly sublime ain't-Hollywood-magical escapism. Gene Kelly is the ultimate man.

I just watched Video Game High School because Netflix has been telling me to do so all week.

It was stupid as hell, dumb kids high school shit. But it was fun, and clearly quite lovingly made; some nice little references and such. Good Sunday afternoon viewing.

Well done netflix.

The Cameo Cinema in Edinburgh was showing Singin' in the Rain today. Utterly sublime ain't-Hollywood-magical escapism. Gene Kelly is the ultimate man.

Fred Astaire > Gene Kelly.

Nah, I'm a Kelly man all the way. Fred's got the edge for double acts, though.

I'm Team Fred. Mean Gene is a tad too self indulgent for my liking.

I watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close today. Missed about the first half hour which didn't help. I found the kid most annoying. But for most the part, I found it a pretty touching film.

Stitches

I didn't find it funny much and Ross Noble hammed it up big style but I guess it offset the wooden acting of the rest of the cast. The kills were enough to keep me entertained.

I can understand that - the Broadway sequence in Singin' is a total ego-trip for Gene - but he's good enough to get away with it, the dashing bastard.

I can understand that - the Broadway sequence in Singin' is a total ego-trip for Gene - but he's good enough to get away with it, the dashing bastard.

Absolutely - it is great, but it speaks volumes that the best routine is the whole film doesn't involve him.

Absolutely - it is great, but it speaks volumes that the best routine is the whole film doesn't involve him.

Is that Make 'Em Laugh? I'd have put Good Morning ahead of that, but it is a cracker. It's a shame the guy who played Cosmo wasn't in much else, he's great.

(Is there a record of which parts of the film Kelly directed? That would be interesting)

Is that Make 'Em Laugh? I'd have put Good Morning ahead of that, but it is a cracker. It's a shame the guy who played Cosmo wasn't in much else, he's great.

(Is there a record of which parts of the film Kelly directed? That would be interesting)

Yeah, I was referring to Make 'Em Laugh. Considering the sheer physical exertion involved, the gracefulness of the performance and it was filmed in one take, i've always put it ahead of Good Morning.