Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

29 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (nefarious means)

Absoutely ridiculous that this film is 52 years old and still looks better than almost anything else made since. Also ridiculous that I didn't like it at all when I first saw it. Have to see this on a big screen someday.

EMPIRE OF THE SUN (TCM)

Marks the point at which Spielberg started to become a Serious Filmmaker rather than arseing around making nonsense like Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark and that sort of shite. In all seriousness though, this is still really good - and I'd forgotten Joey Pants was in it too, so that was a good bonus.

Empire of the Sun is dogshit as it uses a a Welsh lullaby as the Japanese music. 

You make a compelling case Keith.

Bet he asks if Coldplay are the best band of all time too. 

Had a double bill of Rear Window and Vertigo. Definitely appreciate the classics more the older I get. And now I'm obsessed with Grace Kelly.

46 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Empire of the Sun is dogshit as it uses a a Welsh lullaby as the Japanese music. 

Foreign all sounds the same to me.

On Spielberg, he has made a good few duffers but I don't think that should be held against him considering how many films he's made. In terms of influence, especially on Hollywood, there's nobody ahead of him. In terms of being the best and most consistent, I'm with Stan the Man every time, narrowly ahead of that Kurosawa bloke. And Big Alf.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And Michael Winner. 

Death Wish 3 is on Netflix. 1 and 2 (the best one) are missing, but it's still up there. 

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Death Wish 3 is on Netflix

I watched that for the first time ever on there last week. What a hilarious piece of shit! So obviously filmed in London too. 

And then you read about lovely Winner putting his then girlfriend in a gratuitous rape scene. What a guy. 

29 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I watched that for the first time ever on there last week. What a hilarious piece of shit! 

Suspended. 

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Suspended. 

You're like the chief of police at the beginning of the film who just starts lamping Bronson for no other reason than he was in his dead mate's apartment. 

Just now, Onyx2 said:

You're like the chief of police at the beginning of the film who just starts lamping Bronson for no other reason than he was in his dead mate's apartment. 

"You're not Kimble, You're Kersey

I was in NYPD when a vigilante was about. You like denying people constitutional rights huh?" 

7 stars. 

You watch it for a glimpse of Troi's boobs and then it's all a bit grim.  Definitely couldn't be enjoyed to its fullest.