DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Death Wish 3 is on Netflix

I watched that for the first time ever on there last week. What a hilarious piece of shit! So obviously filmed in London too. 

And then you read about lovely Winner putting his then girlfriend in a gratuitous rape scene. What a guy. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Suspended. 

You're like the chief of police at the beginning of the film who just starts lamping Bronson for no other reason than he was in his dead mate's apartment. 

• Moderators
Just now, Onyx2 said:

You're like the chief of police at the beginning of the film who just starts lamping Bronson for no other reason than he was in his dead mate's apartment. 

"You're not Kimble, You're Kersey

I was in NYPD when a vigilante was about. You like denying people constitutional rights huh?" 

7 stars. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Also has Bill S. Preston in his most famous role. 

Then he fucking moaned about it on that documentary about Cannon Films, he was the only one in that whole thing that had anything negative to say, miserable turd.

• Paid Members

I just watched both Kane's horror films in a row, See no Evil 1 & 2. They're ok slashers and feel a lot like any other cheap horror except for him being in them.

Kane is good fun though despite the crap nonsensical backstory and religious angle they dumped on his character. They should have left that out and just had him more straightforward and cool like he was in wrestling.

Strangely the second film is set immediately after the first despite the fact that they're completely different films and made 8 years apart with different casts and crews. 

I love that he went to the premiere in full gimmick, that guy is a mayor now.

Lions+Gate+Premiere+See+No+Evil+Arrivals+QfY5EkqH53-x.jpg

• Paid Members

Breakdown

Thrillery / actiony 90s film with Kurt Russell trying to find his wife after she goes missing when their car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Its really good fun, keeps you glued and is all over in 90 minutes which is the most important thing. I love Kurt Russell so this gets two thumbs up from me. Watched on Netflix

I also watched US Marshals and F/X - two other 90s action films albeit slightly different in tone. I loved them both so I think I may have to pause catching up on recent stuff and start binging some 90s gems!

• Paid Members

US Marshals is under-appreciated because it was a sequel to The Fugitive, which is one of the best films of the 90s. But it's a fine action film. F/X is really good too, one of Brian Dennehy's best. Breakdown is a long-standing UKFF fave and rightly so.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (nefarious means)

Absoutely ridiculous that this film is 52 years old and still looks better than almost anything else made since. Also ridiculous that I didn't like it at all when I first saw it. Have to see this on a big screen someday.

When did you first see it? It's a film I've loved more each time I've seen it, but I only saw it for the first time about 5 years ago - it was one I knew I had to be in the mood for, and my partner insisted on me seeing it on the big screen for the first time. It's such an immersive experience that it's difficult the first time, especially if you have the lights on, pause it to make a cup of tea or take a phone call, etc. It's one that rewards as few distractions as possible.

Linked to that, actually, what's the best cinema for that kind of thing in Stockport/Manchester? Is there anywhere that does classic film showings well? (I go up sometimes to visit my Nan - the Plaza looks gorgeous, but haven't managed to go to anything there, outside of their cafe).