DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

The Main Event (Netflix/WWE Studios)Ā 

Ā 

2/10. Tichina Arnold is in it and does her best. Although I feel ancient now she's playing a grandmother in a film. She can't be more than early 50s and still looks about 35. Also KEN FUCKING MARINO. So that's a point per goodwill with great actors.Ā 

Ā 

But yeah, there is only one decent film about a kid wrestling and that kid's the sidekick to the Jack Russell's Jerry Lawler in Russell Madness. Also, it had Fred Willard.Ā 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

DownrangeĀ (nefarious means)

A couple of decent bits but otherwise a pretty dull version of what Doug Liman did with Big Match John starrer The Wall a couple of years ago. Just watch that instead.

I did.Ā I completely forgot there was a Cena film I hadn't seen, nice one. I thought it was pretty good even though I'm not especially keen on that phone booth type gimmick.

Cena was great. It took me 45 minutes to realise the leadĀ was Aaron Taylor Johnson for some reason.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

The Main Event (Netflix/WWE Studios)Ā 

Ā 

2/10. Tichina Arnold is in it and does her best. Although I feel ancient now she's playing a grandmother in a film. She can't be more than early 50s and still looks about 35. Also KEN FUCKING MARINO. So that's a point per goodwill with great actors.Ā 

Ā 

But yeah, there is only one decent film about a kid wrestling and that kid's the sidekick to the Jack Russell's Jerry Lawler in Russell Madness. Also, it had Fred Willard.Ā 

It does have a remarkable scene featuring Otis, though, and Keith Lee showing more personality than he ever has on NXT. But no dogs, so 2/10 is correct.

• Paid Members

Love, Wedding, Repeat -Ā Not perfect and a bit predictable but enough ofĀ a fun watch with your significant other. Tim Key in particular is fantastic, playing much the same role as his escapades with Partridge. Olivia Munn - 39 - looks phenomenal and getsĀ me all excited in the testes.Ā 

SHATTERED GLASSĀ (PRIME) - This is a little belter of a film. Hayden Christensen is excellent as the main character (words i NEVER THOUGHT i would type) I'm a sucker for films about journalists and this has a nice spin on it. Based on a true story (really they've just changed a few names)its a cracker. And only 90 odd minutes. Go watch it!

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Factotum said:

SHATTERED GLASSĀ (PRIME) - This is a little belter of a film. Hayden Christensen is excellent as the main character (words i NEVER THOUGHT i would type) I'm a sucker for films about journalists and this has a nice spin on it. Based on a true story (really they've just changed a few names)its a cracker. And only 90 odd minutes. Go watch it!

Added bonus - Steve Zahn's in it. But yeah, superb film.

CaponeĀ (nefarious means)

Once Tom Hardy's stopped from doing his usual shit, this becomes a really weird almost psychological horror film that probes a decaying mind. It doesn't all work and Hardy is awful and distracting, but there's also a lot of good stuff here and I think, at the very least, it's an extremely interesting failure.

11 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

CaponeĀ (nefarious means)

Once Tom Hardy's stopped from doing his usual shit, this becomes a really weird almost psychological horror film that probes a decaying mind. It doesn't all work and Hardy is awful and distracting, but there's also a lot of good stuff here and I think, at the very least, it's an extremely interesting failure.

If he's not careful, he's going to end up being this generation's Nic Cage. He can be mesmerising, but he needs a really strong director who doesn't put up with his panto art school Method bullshit.