DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Showgirls (Amazon Prime) 

It's fucking terrible, yet so watchable. The rape scene is OTT, abhorrent, and really doesn't fit in with the rest of the film, Gina Gershon either hands in the worst performance in history or a tremendous tongue in cheek one which makes the film for me. Jesse Spano and Kyle Mclachan thrashing about in a pool is hilarious. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I watched Showgirls pretty recently. The missus is obsessed with it, I'm slightly cooler on it, but it's very watchable. It's far and away the best looking total garbage movie I've ever seen. The pool sex scene, the weird ugly as fuck singer who turns out to be a rapist, no one acting like a human being, that big woman who's act is to pop her tits out. It's some film. 

Don't make the mistake of watching Showgirls 2 though. The actor who played Penny crowdfunded it years later, it was done for about £20,000 and doesn't make a lick of sense. Truly shit and boring , rather than fascinating trash. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I watched Showgirls pretty recently. The missus is obsessed with it, I'm slightly cooler on it, but it's very watchable. It's far and away the best looking total garbage movie I've ever seen. The pool sex scene, the weird ugly as fuck singer who turns out to be a rapist, no one acting like a human being, that big woman who's act is to pop her tits out. It's some film. 

Don't make the mistake of watching Showgirls 2 though. The actor who played Penny crowdfunded it years later, it was done for about £20,000 and doesn't make a lick of sense. Truly shit and boring , rather than fascinating trash. 

I have a soft spot for Showgirls but I had no idea there was a Showgirls 2. I'm totally going to ignore your advice and watch it. I NEED to know.

EDIT - Ok I just looked it up and its 2hrs 25 minutes long!?! I retract my previous statement. I can't possibly put myself through that.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think the villain sings the entire H.M.S Pinafore 

Don't just make the same reference or joke as the person above you man.

The original Cape Fear is one of the only films that old i like but it needs more Juliette Lewis in it. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Don't just make the same reference or joke as the person above you man.

The original Cape Fear is one of the only films that old i like but it needs more Juliette Lewis in it. 

This idiot got his Sideshow Bob episodes confused. Thinking the rakes was from Sideshow Bob’s Last Gleaming instead of Cape Feare. I’ll hand my fanclub card in on the way out.  

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The original Cape Fear is one of the only films that old i like

This is a terrible thing to read first thing in the morning.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This idiot got his Sideshow Bob episodes confused. Thinking the rakes was from Sideshow Bob’s Last Gleaming instead of Cape Feare. I’ll hand my fanclub card in on the way out.  

Your Simpson meme privileges have also been revoked

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is a terrible thing to read first thing in the morning.

Sorry. I do actually like old fantastical films like King Kong and Mighty Joe Young, Thief Of Bagdad, The great Houdini, Wizard of Oz and old horror movies and westerns  but not really into black and white movies where everyone is a dude in a suit. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Sorry. I do actually like old fantastical films like King Kong and Mighty Joe Young, Thief Of Bagdad, The great Houdini, Wizard of Oz and old horror movies and westerns  but not really into black and white movies where everyone is a dude in a suit. 

Maybe you should have been on the receiving end of the fire extinguisher!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Give 12 Angry Men a go

Edited by Hannibal Scorch