DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Whilst I agree, because it may well hit $240 eventually, I am not the one spinning the line, merely repeating it. It's also looking like it's not going to get a China release, one which has saved many a film recently because of the size of the market. Regardless, it is a disappointment for DC and WB, though I am sure Wonder Woman 84 will be another big hit. And Big Match John will ensure The Suicide Squad will break all records of course. 

It will easily make profit, 99% of all mainstream movies do in this day in age. Nothing bombs anymore. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, gmoney said:

That made it's money back after licensing. 

In all seriousness, this is true, it's done superbly on streaming. It's a shame studios don't take this into consideration when planning sequels as both Crowe and Gosling were keen to do another one.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Studios are allegedly duking their accounting so they don't have to pay out contractual payments. 

Pretty much. If I understand they are using the money made from one film to finance the next projects, and as not every one is a hit, use that as an example of how they have not made money. It’s basically making sure people aren’t paid for their work if they can help it. All loopholes  

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Are there any of those tax write off films that are any good? I’m intrigued by that Fred Durst directing Travolta one but not for any artistic reasons. 

The trailer for that looks bafflingly awful. I really want to see it out of morbid curiosity.

Uwe Boll made a 'career' out of making movies using tax loopholes. None of them are any good though except Rampage (well, the 10 minute condensed version that used to be on YouTube was fun).

• Paid Members

Freaks

The new one, not the old one. Starts off well and then turns into a superhero film, which is never what I sign up for. Bruce Dern's in it, so not a complete loss. Otherwise fuck off.

Evolution

David Duchovny has never been a good actor, has he? Even so, this is exactly the sort of dumb shit I'll always laugh at. The sort of idea that Broken Lizard could have done even better with though.

The Iron Giant

Absolutely wonderful. God bless Brad Bird. The only good Superman film outside Supermans 1 to 3 too.