DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Add me to the list. Seems to be the ultimate riding on coat tails career where he manages to surround himself by far more talented people and lives off that. I don't think I have ever seen him be funny when he is doing anything solo.

Aye. From what I've seen of him doing stand up or panel shows, his comedy is a bizarrely unperceptive mix of him being snooty while also doing really rubbish and lazy shouty accents.

• Paid Members

Unthinkable

Samuel L. Jackson tries to 'obtain' information from terrorist Michael Sheen. Didn't expect much from this but it was really good. Doesn't overdose on moral dilemmas and works as a cracking suspense thriller. Worth finding on Prime.

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Just managed to see all of Parasite. It’s quite the spectacle. Not even sure how you explain it but I really enjoyed it

I also saw this tonight. Definitely better to watch this one without knowing much about it, but as @Hannibal Scorch says, it’s so difficult to explain succinctly that you’d have to be very unlucky to have it spoiled. 

I went to see The Personal History of David Copperfield today and thought it was excellent, a really brilliant, funny adaptation. It was spoiled a bit by the guy sitting in front of me who complained loudly the first few times a non-white character showed up. Utterly pathetic.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I went to see The Personal History of David Copperfield today and thought it was excellent, a really brilliant, funny adaptation. It was spoiled a bit by the guy sitting in front of me who complained loudly the first few times a non-white character showed up. Utterly pathetic.

You can pop that in the Celebrity Spotting thread that you went to the pictures with Laurence Fox..

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I went to see The Personal History of David Copperfield today and thought it was excellent, a really brilliant, funny adaptation. It was spoiled a bit by the guy sitting in front of me who complained loudly the first few times a non-white character showed up.

Please elaborate. I have never seen this, and it sounds incredible. What was he actually saying?

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Please elaborate. I have never seen this, and it sounds incredible. What was he actually saying?

At the very start, when Dev Patel appeared on screen, he said ‘this is going to be stupid’ to the lady he was with, and the next time he did it was when Benedict Wong and Rosalind Eleazar showed up. He laughed, said ‘for fuck’s sake’ someone shushed him and he didn’t do it again. 

Also, was it for different non-white characters or the same one in different scenes?

He only did it for the people I mentioned. There were one or two other non-white characters he didn’t react to before Benedict Wong/Rosalind Eleazar showed up, so it wasn’t every time. Was still obnoxious though.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

I watched that "In Search of the Last Action Heroes" documentary. Its amazing. Right up @Devon Malcolm's alley. Seeing all those movies, from Terminator to ones you nobody talks about like 48 hours of all things profiled all in a row makes you want to watch every single one of them all over again. Which I might just do. Cant recommend it enough.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I watched that "In Search of the Last Action Heroes" documentary. Its amazing. Right up @Devon Malcolm's alley. Seeing all those movies, from Terminator to ones you nobody talks about like 48 hours of all things profiled all in a row makes you want to watch every single one of them all over again. Which I might just do. Cant recommend it enough.

Thanks for the reminder. It's on Amazon instant for rental so I'm doing that asap.