DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This guy ranked it 42nd on his top 100 action films of all time list, one of those rare occasions where I agree with every entry on such a list.

https://letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/top-100-action-films/

John Wick at 81? Where is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Other then the top 3, that list is poor

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

John Wick at 81? Where is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Other then the top 3, that list is poor

Probably just as well the person who made it probably doesn't give a shit. But I'll ask.

• Paid Members

I love weird shit, always have, grew up on Troma and John Waters, I went to see a movie made by Crispin Glover about a rapist with a severe physycal disability that you can only see when Crispin personally brings a copy to the cinema to show it. 

I say that because I finally watched The Greasy Strangler and I have never seen such an extreme example of trying too hard in my life, fucking hell talk about a lack of restraint. Somewhere in there is a pretty interesting weird film but it's just buried under everything trying to be as weird or extreme as possible constantly.

There was a very short stretch of the film about halfway through where it levelled out a bit and had a chance of going in a decent direction but they ruined it immediately and then it got shitter til it ended. There were two bits that were just characters saying the same short phrase over and over again repeatedly for ages, honestly that's even the sort of joke I like but they did it twice and they ran it so far into the ground it was brutal.

I feel a bit bad for not liking it more because at least they were trying to be a bit different but it really, really  needed a lighter touch. 

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle
Wall of text

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Probably just as well the person who made it probably doesn't give a shit. But I'll ask.

Much appreciated. I feel we are making progress in our friendship at last.

actually scrap that, I can’t believe you have ghost protocol so high up compared to Edge of Tomorrow

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Disgust

You two should just fuck and get it over with.

The Mummy Returns Not as good as the first one, but still perfectly watchable. I see the Tom Cruise one is getting added to Netflix next month, so I’m gonna try and watch the rest before then. 

The only thing I’ve ever seen of that is the video where someone cut out every sound but the actors, which was weird but funny.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You two should just fuck and get it over with.

actually think this is the closest we’ve ever got to getting along 🤣 I think I’m winning him over.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The Mummy Returns Not as good as the first one, but still perfectly watchable. I see the Tom Cruise one is getting added to Netflix next month, so I’m gonna try and watch the rest before then. 

The only thing I’ve ever seen of that is the video where someone cut out every sound but the actors, which was weird but funny.

I’m a huge Tom Cruise fan, but the 2017 Mummy is just awful. It’s just a waste of a film. I’m more excited with what Blumhouse will do with the Universal Monsters now.