Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

God, what a cunt she is, what did I ever see in her.

Look, compared to what her peers have done, it is ham fisted. That doesn't mean she's awful, hence my earlier comment saying appears. I think A lot of what is being said is from people who seem to have some real vendetta against her for things she has said over time. So maybe I have just stumbled across to much of this negativity. 

An article discuss some of the "issues" here https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/movies/the-real-reason-people-are-hating-on-brie-larson.html/

However, anyone that is doing this because she cannot act is obviously an idiot. I think she has always done well in her roles, even those underwritten.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I find the fact that they are already talking of replacing her after Endgame more interesting. To get Bob Igor to consider replacing you means there has to be something else going on one would wonder.

A quick google suggests this was put about by comicgate websites like ComsicBookNews. Is there any real basis for this?

I don't need to read that article to know the real reason why people at hating on Brie Larson. It's because she's a confident, successful, talented woman who is forthright in her feminism. If that makes her a "bit of a tit" then you're an idiot.

I did click on the article, and the very first line is: "Brie Larson – on a press junket for the highly anticipated upcoming film Captain Marvel – has been the subject of many a Reddit forum and youtube comment space."

Didn't read any further.

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

I did click on the article, and the very first line is: "Brie Larson – on a press junket for the highly anticipated upcoming film Captain Marvel – has been the subject of many a Reddit forum and youtube comment space."

Didn't read any further.

Are you suggesting Reddit, YouTube comments sections and the "Twitterverse" are not legitimate sources to back up thinly-veiled misogyny?

Edited by Devon Malcolm

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are you suggesting Reddit, YouTube comments sections and the "Twitterverse" are not legitimate sources to back up thinly-veiled misogyny?

Yeah, but then again I'm a beta-cuck SJW snowflake and cultural Marxist, so what would I know?

18 minutes ago, Chris B said:

A quick google suggests this was put about by comicgate websites like ComsicBookNews. Is there any real basis for this?

It popped up on my social media feed, but it probably was them. As I said, I thought she did a great job, so based on that I see no reason why they would want to replace her. So are you saying this just another troll attempt?

16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Using SJW and Twitterverse is a bingo for terms that make me disregard the content of a post entirely.

81wyKFvghxL._SX342_.jpg

Really good and enjoyable Hong Kong action movie which follows the formula of 'Taken'. The difference being that they kidnap his daughter for her heart (literally) so that they can use it to save the life of the mayor. The great Tony Jaa also stars in a supporting role and had a very good fight scene, wish he was in the movie more though. Good, enjoyable martial arts action. I liked it.

So out of the $455million that Captain Marvel did in its opening 5 days, how much of that was from gofundme campaigns in an attempt to “boost ticket sales”?, which it obviously desperately needed

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It popped up on my social media feed, but it probably was them. As I said, I thought she did a great job, so based on that I see no reason why they would want to replace her. So are you saying this just another troll attempt?

It's been a weird targeted campaign because they tried to pitch the film as a strong female character, headed by a strong, vocal female actor, which morphed into Marvel trying to be 'SJW' and people trying to review bomb the film before release on Rotten Tomatoes, i'm assuming for being pro woman. When the website removed the negative feedback it was portrayed as Disney censoring opinions (despite RT being part owned by Fox)  For clarity 60,000 reviews were left for Captain Marvel in less than 12 hours, compared to 53,000 for the entire run of Infinity War. I doubt she's being replaced because it's making silly money for a character most people have never heard of and she's doing random press stuff like turning up at film screenings in a Captain Marvel hoodie and handing out snacks

In summary, a group of very fragile people on the internet have spent a lot of time trying to derail a hollywood movie and spread false rumours because the main character has boobs.

1 minute ago, chokeout said:

It's been a weird targeted campaign because they tried to pitch the film as a strong female character, headed by a strong, vocal female actor, which morphed into Marvel trying to be 'SJW' and people trying to review bomb the film before release on Rotten Tomatoes, i'm assuming for being pro woman. When the website removed the negative feedback it was portrayed as Disney censoring opinions (despite RT being part owned by Fox)  For clarity 60,000 reviews were left for Captain Marvel in less than 12 hours, compared to 53,000 for the entire run of Infinity War. I doubt she's being replaced because it's making silly money for a character most people have never heard of and she's doing random press stuff like turning up at film screenings in a Captain Marvel hoodie and handing out snacks

In summary, a group of very fragile people on the internet have spent a lot of time trying to derail a hollywood movie and spread false rumours because the main character has boobs.

See that I have not seen or heard anything about, and is what people should be talking about.

I am obviously oblivious to the campaign because I got none of this SJW vibe about the whole thing. I didn't notice that much difference to how Wonder Woman was being marketed which semed to avoid this flake, despite having a strong female character, though I remember a lot of flak about Gal Gadot and her serving time in the Isreal army. All I can say is Captain Marvel was a better film then Wonder Woman and I cannot wait for my daughter to be old enough to enjoy Marvel films. Captain Marvel and Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse will be the first two she sees.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

See that I have not seen or heard anything about, and is what people should be talking about.

It's been all over social media. You might want to take a look at where you're finding your news from.

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Using SJW and Twitterverse is a bingo for terms that make me disregard the content of a post entirely.

You need to take a red chill pill.

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

It's been all over social media. You might want to take a look at where you're finding your news from.

To be fair, I have been avoiding as many posts about Captain Marvel from last week until this morning as I was trying to avoid spoilers