DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

The Perfect Date

Watched this as I watched To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before with my eldest and wanted to know whether this was appropriate.

Pretty good, and Noah Centineo is a good little actor, and Laura Marano was very good as the other main, with a realistic chemistry between them.

With an ending you can spot a mile away, it’s not ground breaking , but it has heart and a surrounding cast that are likeable. Netflix make pretty decent YA content and this is another. 

For those with pre-teen kids, there’s quite a few “shits” but nothing that would stop me letting my 9 year old watch it.

• Paid Members
On 4/15/2019 at 12:33 AM, johnnyboy said:

Are you a Country fan Colin?  It probably skews a fair few stars higher if you're balls deep into the Nashville Scene or BritCoun (that's a totally made up term by the way) as you can play that's such and such playing themselves or that's hmmm doing a cameo as a lowly brrr and that's a real concert series, not something just made up for the film.

I'm a fan of country but not necessarily so hip on the Nashville scene (I know the significance of the gig at the end and the Opry etc). Although if it really is a bunch of cameos, then that maybe explains why I found a chunk of the acting so rubbish.

22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

No. Why not just watch the first one?

Cheers. Laptops being a bit funny with streaming sites and I’d seen the second was on Netflix but after just going to watch it, it seems it’s no longer there. Great. 

Edit: the second is there, was searching on my daughters tab 😬

Edited by SuperBacon
I’m a dick

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I’ll hold off watching the second then for the time being, cheers.

Wanted something easy to watch last night so stuck on Step Brothers

Didn’t laugh once, so not a great comedy to be honest. 

I’m not a huge Will Ferrell fan but I love Step Brothers. Right amounts of stupid and weird without being too “random”. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I’ll hold off watching the second then for the time being, cheers.

Wanted something easy to watch last night so stuck on Step Brothers

Didn’t laugh once, so not a great comedy to be honest. 

It’s one of the best comedies of the last 15 years you heathen. How they went from that to Holmes and Watson I’ll never know