DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

The Silence definitely doesn't continue Netflix's recent good run. It's absolutely miserable and you shouldn't even hate watch it. Even Stanley Tucci doesn't come off well.

• Paid Members
Just now, gmoney said:

I really enjoyed Missing Link. Looked beautiful, nice little story and had a good few gags. Best of all, I wasn't accused of being a nonce, despite having a bag full of sweets. 

As long as you weren't handing them out to anyone, you would be fine.

Solace - 2015

Apparently, this was written as a sequel to Seven where a retired Det. Somerset had gained psychic powers.  That idea was kiboshed and Anthony Hopkins plays the retired FBI dude, but it really was as bad as it sounds.

• Paid Members

I watched a film with Hopkins in last night called Collide. He plays a drug baron always quoting Shakespeare and is easily the worst thing in it. Otherwise it was a really enjoyable actioner, Nicholas Hoult was really good in the lead. Ben Kingsley is an absolute nutter in it, and to the delight of @Scott Malbranque, Felicity Jones looks divine in it - love the short blonde do.

Image result for felicity jones collide

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Collide too. Really.did. Was lovely and fast paced and had that kind of 'No Escape' tension at points. 

I don't know why it got such bad reviews though, especially when it contained something as absolutely stunning and mesmerizing as Felicity Jones' top lip. 

• Paid Members

It dragged a bit at the start and the attempt at a twist ending was a bit off, but that middle third is absolutely relentless, and really well shot. Hopkins was pretty crap but yeah, strange that it was so badly panned.

• Paid Members

Wild Rose is no doubt all about that "feelgood" and is decent enough, but I found a chunk of it to be annoyingly hokey. Some of the acting in it is a bit Hollyoaks too. It's quite funny in places, but the jokes are a little one-note.

By far the best thing about it is Jessie Buckley. I'm very excited to see how her career unfolds in the next 5 years.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I watched Guava Island last night on Amazon. I don't have a Prime account so I'm assuming it's free to all. For those of you who dont know it's a collaberitive effort from Donald Glover and his brother and maybe Rhianna and is directed by one of the Atlanta regular directors, same bloke who made the This is America video.

It's only an hour long and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It kind of has a Atlanta weird episode vibe and I recommend going in without too much prior knowledge as it's a lovely little surprise of a film.

Edited by Mr_Danger