Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Yeah I was stoned for the first time in fucking ages; you picked up on way more than I did! ūüėĀ

You're making me want to watch it again....

Haha, most of this stuff I thought of when driving to work this morning! Proper "Oh fuck!" moments. 

I'm really itching to re-watch too, so I can seek out more of these details. I told a chap at work about this, and he mentioned that his favourite clue is

Rose almost calling the groundskeeper her grandfather when she's driving into the property at the start. Apparently, she says "Grands-Keeper", like she is quickly correcting herself in the process.

Get Out is an amazing film! Literally from the start of the movie it is telling you exactly what’s going on. A couple of other clues off the top of my head that haven’t been mentioned -

The Dad telling Chris that the Grandad¬†was a talented runner which then leads to the gardener running towards Chris, and the Dad saying something like ‚ÄúThe kitchen will always have a bit of Grandma in it‚ÄĚ as they walk in to see the maid stood there. Also the first time you see Chris the words ‚ÄúSTAY WOKE‚ÄĚ are blaring out. I could go on!¬†

Get Out is one of those very rare films that have horror scenes that take place in full sunlight during the day.   I'm pretty sure it's deliberate as it's really fucking hard to do. 

See also Blair Witch, Blood on Satan's Claw, The Wicker Man.

I think the most amazing think about Get Out was the fact it was from Jordan Peele who was best known at the time for his skegch show and Keanu. Now with Us and The Twilight Zone he’s completely reinventing himself.

cracking cast in Get Out as well. Everyone in it is great.

10 minutes ago, Loki said:

Get Out is one of those very rare films that have horror scenes that take place in full sunlight during the day.   I'm pretty sure it's deliberate as it's really fucking hard to do. 

See also Blair Witch, Blood on Satan's Claw, The Wicker Man.

Good subject, this. You could also throw in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes and Long Weekend off the top of my head.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

I'm seemingly still the only cunt who thought Get Out wasn't as clever and amazing as it - and everyone else - thought it to be.

I've given it two shots and I still think it's barely alright, so I'll chalk this one alongside the likes of Goodfellas, Forrest Gump, The Pianist and BlacKkKlansman in the Shrug section of my celluloid memories.

I watched 15 Minutes with DeNiro and Edward Burns and I actually really wish I didn't.  What in the bollocks was that?? 

17 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I'm seemingly still the only cunt who thought Get Out wasn't as clever and amazing as it - and everyone else - thought it to be.

I've given it two shots and I still think it's barely alright, so I'll chalk this one alongside the likes of Goodfellas, Forrest Gump, The Pianist and BlacKkKlansman in the Shrug section of my celluloid memories.

I watched 15 Minutes with DeNiro and Edward Burns and I actually really wish I didn't.  What in the bollocks was that?? 

What was the last good movie De Niro made - Ronin?  It's like as soon as we hit the new millennium he decided to spend the rest of his life undermining his reputation as the greatest screen actor of his age.

41 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

These *are* both shit though.

54 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Fans of Get Out need to check out Peele's magnum opus which is his Gremlins 2 pitch sketch.

though their ultimate sketch for me is this

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Good subject, this. You could also throw in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes and Long Weekend off the top of my head.

A good amount of Wake In Fright is in searing sunlight and I found that film to be terrifying at parts.

9 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

A good amount of Wake In Fright is in searing sunlight and I found that film to be terrifying at parts.

Oh yeah, it's a definite horror film. Especially that one scene, although that's set at night.

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Haha, most of this stuff I thought of when driving to work this morning! Proper "Oh fuck!" moments. 

I'm really itching to re-watch too, so I can seek out more of these details. I told a chap at work about this, and he mentioned that his favourite clue is

Reveal hidden contents

Rose almost calling the groundskeeper her grandfather when she's driving into the property at the start. Apparently, she says "Grands-Keeper", like she is quickly correcting herself in the process.

Just watched this again and your mate is chatting balls.

she says "the grounds keeper" it maybe sounds a little like "grand" but only due to her accent. Otherwise why would she say "the" unless her grandad had a massive ego and referred to himself in the third person all the time. "Thats the grandpa , do you smell what the grandpa is cooking?" Myth busted!

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

though their ultimate sketch for me is this

I had no idea he was part of that!  Used to work with a lad called Aaron who, when he made a small error, was met with "You done messed up, Ay Ay Ronn" from everyone.