DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Lords of Chaos 

Easy best film of the year for me, I enjoyed the Mötley Crüe Dirt film but this made it look like a superficial glossy soap opera. 

I knew the story pretty well going in but didn't know anything about what the film was going to be like and I was blown away, the tone was spot on. It was nice to see a film about metal show it in its complexity, the whole scene was cool, uncool, brutal, pathetic, funny and tragic all at the same time and it's all in the film. 

The guys playing the leads were brilliant as well, Varg was something else and I totally called the main guy being a Culkin as soon as I saw him, they all have the same face. 

It's also one of the most shockingly gory films I've seen in years which was unexpected, can't recommend it enough.

• Paid Members

To be fair the Dawn of the Dead remake was excellent. If he can pull that off again I'll be more than happy.

Don't like the look of The Dead Don't Die from the trailer but I hope to be proved wrong as I was over the moon when I heard about it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I assumed that was sarcastic.

I never assume anything when it comes to Snyder, amazing how many supporters he has.

Just watched The Highwaymen. Really enjoyed it, nice to see a spin on the Bonnie and Clyde legend. Woody Harrelson is an absolute treasure who never gets nearly the plaudits he deserves for his work, and much the same could be said of Kevin Costner.

Im not even a big fan of Snyder :p As he's far more style over substance, but he could pull off the over the top, balls to the wall zombie film he's promising. We'll see.

Mile 22

Nah. Couldn't get into this at all. Was just all over the place and came across as an incoherent mess to me. Shame as the great Iko Uwais is in it.