DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't think it has as much scope for a follow-up on the Netflix romcom stakes as To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but Set It Up was still way better than expected. Zoey Deutch is great but even Lucy Liu was really good and she often isn't. Really good stuff.

She’s great isn’t she? She was in a really decent film called Flower that came out last year that is well worth a watch. She looks so much like her mum, which is obviously no bad thing.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

She’s great isn’t she? She was in a really decent film called Flower that came out last year that is well worth a watch. She looks so much like her mum, which is obviously no bad thing.

Didn't actually know she was Lea Thompson's daughter until a few weeks ago but you can totally see it.

On a different note, Happy Death Day 2U is GREAT. A genuine improvement on the original (which was also really fun) by being a bit sillier, a bit funnier, doing more with support characters, and leaving more scope for rewatches. Just keep making them, please.

• Paid Members

I was going to see Lego 2 but I missed it so I went to see Free Solo instead. Bit of a dodgy decision because I'm terrified of heights and I was really stoned. I ended up watching the whole thing with my hood up so the really old man next to me couldn't see that I was nearly in tears from how terrifying I found it. Still enjoyed it though, in a scary roller coaster kind of way.

• Paid Members

Been watching a few Spencer Tracy / Katharine Hepburn films recently, and I think Woman of the Year is my favourite. Due in part to this amazing scene:-

It actually goes on for a bit longer after her and Tracy get into it as well.

20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Been watching a few Spencer Tracy / Katharine Hepburn films recently, and I think Woman of the Year is my favourite. Due in part to this amazing scene:-

It actually goes on for a bit longer after her and Tracy get into it as well.

Well, I loved it. Now, that is acting! I'm in the mood for some Edward G. Robinson stuff now...

Edited by Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the H out of Can You Ever Forgive Me?. It's very funny and McCarthy and REG have such fine chemistry that I'd love to see them together in another film. Absolutely goes by in no time.

Burning is, obviously, a different change of pace, but it's a decent effort. Wasn't overly keen on a section of the film (middle/last 3rd), felt that could have been tightened.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I'm such a philistine, I can't watch black and white films. The only one I can tolerate at all is Night of the Living Dead, and even then only if it's playing on a TV for a few seconds in another film.

I notice you waited until a number of years into our wrestling internet forum friendship to drop this one on me!