DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Almost everything I've seen Michael McKean in, he's played either a heel, a wanker, or a shady character. This Is Spinal Tap, The Brady Bunch Movie, Short Circuit 2, Better Call Saul, Airheads, Coneheads, and Star Trek: Voyager. I guess he does look rather heelish with that almost Joker-like grin of his.

I rewatched Clue last night (stop judging me) and it's a rare case of him playing a straight laced nerd character

Clue, and Michael McKean are great.  He plays a nice guy in Best In Show, one of the few nice guys in that.  And he is ace in A Mighty Wind, another nice guy.  A Mighty Wind is great.  Wha' Happened? is part of my everyday speech now.

edit - And his turn in Friends was nice, he was the "Mockolate" executive who asked Monica to come up with recipes.

Edited by Keith Houchen
I can't do my weeeerrrkkk

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Clue, and Michael McKean are great.  He plays a nice guy in Best In Show, one of the few nice guys in that.  And he is ace in A Mighty Wind, another nice guy.  A Mighty Wind is great.  Wha' Happened? is part of my everyday speech now.

edit - And his turn in Friends was nice, he was the "Mockolate" executive who asked Monica to come up with recipes.

Eat at ‘Oe’s. Man I need to watch that one again. I used to watch Best In Show a lot. Still haven’t seen For Your Consideration 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Upvote for Wha' happened being a regular reference for you as well.  That whole speech is a comedy masterclass, "I got a weal wed wagon" . Fred Willard rules, one of his peers once said he'd been in character for 30 years.

• Paid Members

Watched T2: Trainspotting at the weekend. Really enjoyed it. It was very much Spud's movie.I  liked the parallels and callbacks to the first movie. Soundtrack is pretty nice as well.

Red Scorpion

One of those films that i just enjoy. It's not Shakespeare and it doesn't need to be, it is exactly what it needs to be and I used to class stuff like this as 'guilty pleasures', but now they're not as I don't feel guilty. I enjoy them. End of.

Edited by zep81

I've watched 2 anthology horrors from the 80s/90s the past 2 nights. First Body Bags, next Cats Eye. Both very good, my kind of films, light hearted and enjoyable 90s horror films. On the back of this I'm currently watching the Tales From the Darkside film, which so far I'm not getting into as much.

Anyone else like this kind of stuff, and got any recommendations?

1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

I've watched 2 anthology horrors from the 80s/90s the past 2 nights. First Body Bags, next Cats Eye. Both very good, my kind of films, light hearted and enjoyable 90s horror films. On the back of this I'm currently watching the Tales From the Darkside film, which so far I'm not getting into as much.

Creepshow 1 and 2 but avoid 3.. It's awful. 

The twilight zone movie from the 80s is great too. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

The original Creepshow is great but the first sequel is shite, I haven't seen the third one. Two Evil Eyes is also good. Trick 'r Treat is superb and you can't go wrong with most of the Amicus anthologies. If you fancy something foreign, try the Three Extremes films.

And Dead of Night!

Edited by Devon Malcolm