DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Michael O’Keefe is one of the ugliest actors I’ve ever seen from the 80s as well. Chase was excellent though.

Agree with all that, but not The Rod.
"Did somebody step on a duck?',  and variants relating to waterfowl noises, are something even my five year old daughter says now if someone lets a ripper in the house. 

Even when I was 8, I was confused about why O'Keefe had two women vying for his affections. Not only was he unhandsome but he's a horrible, nasty little prick throughout. 

I've never, ever liked Coming to America. I thought it was a load of gik when I was a kid, and I watched it recently when it was on Comedy Central and my opinion didn't change.

Weird Science has stood the test of time though. Purely for Bill Paxtons' Chet and the underappreciated comic genius that is Anthony Michael Hall.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

I've seen a little of Dangerfield's comedy and enjoyed his work (one of those I meant to check out more of), but I thought he was great in Natural Born Killers. Maybe a lot of it was down to the effects, but I got horrible chills at his performance as the nasty, sexually-abusive dad. Did that whole swivel-eyed evil fucker thing perfectly.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah I don't think Comedies from that time have aged well. I watched Coming To America and Planes, Trains and Automobiles for the first time since a kid recently and Coming To America was pretty good, but Planes Trains only had a couple of proper laughs out of me. 

Woooooooooooah. Planes, Trains is wonderful on loads of levels. It's got that perfect balance of John Hughes comedy / sentiment 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, chokeout said:

Woooooooooooah. Planes, Trains is wonderful on loads of levels. It's got that perfect balance of John Hughes comedy / sentiment 

How can you not cry when Steve Martin finds out, you know what. I get tears when I know it's coming. After that, it's that little girl singing "Everytime you go away.." during the credits. Streaming down.

Edited by bAzTNM#1