DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

He's too old as well. Never would have had him near 50.

It'll be intriguing to see who they'll next go for because I haven't got a fecking clue. It's normally the rising British film star at the time. Whoever that is they'll go for.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Yeah, I reckon it's one of Mel's best ever, loved it.

Yeah, you could put Stone Cold as the lead and just have another straight to dvd affair albeit with a better supporting cast than usual. Gibson completely elevates it and his affection for his annoying daughter even makes her more likeable.

Did it get a full cinematic release? Think I'll watch Get the Gringo tonight.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure why Live By Night got such stuffy reviews on release. It's a perfectly fine gangster film. Not up to the standards of Gone Baby Gone, The Town or Argo, but still good. Incredible cast too. Brendan Gleeson's in fucking everything lately isn't he? Not complaining, I love the bloke.

• Members

There's a film that came up on Sky Movies a couple of weeks ago called The Greasy Strangler... absolutely the maddest thing I've ever seen. Quite grotesque and stupid but for some reason I had to keep watching. There's a scene where the two main characters are arguing and just keep shouting "Bullshit Artist!" at each other for a few minutes. 

Anyone seen this? It's left a mark on me but I have no idea how I feel about it. Certainly different.

• Paid Members

He's too old as well. Never would have had him near 50.

It'll be intriguing to see who they'll next go for because I haven't got a fecking clue. It's normally the rising British film star at the time. Whoever that is they'll go for.

In an alternate reality Henry Cavill would make a perfect Bond, bit much having the same bloke be Superman and James Bond though. Also he already did the suave secret agent thing in Man from Uncle which is way too similar and was a massive flop to boot.

• Paid Members

There's a film that came up on Sky Movies a couple of weeks ago called The Greasy Strangler... absolutely the maddest thing I've ever seen. Quite grotesque and stupid but for some reason I had to keep watching. There's a scene where the two main characters are arguing and just keep shouting "Bullshit Artist!" at each other for a few minutes. 

Anyone seen this? It's left a mark on me but I have no idea how I feel about it. Certainly different.

Yep this is certainly one of the maddest films ive ever seen. Quite funny in places, and down right disgusting in others!

There was one bit that really turned my stomach though -

when the greasy strangler kills the bloke with the pig nose, then removes the pig nose, and dips his finger into the hole that's left and starts tasting it. Urgh for some reason that has stayed with me, so grim!

I don't think there is really much story to it is there? Father and son going after the same woman I guess although it was obvious where that was going. So stupid (too stupid in a few places to be honest) but like you said its one that you keep watching. If you like prosthetic cocks this film is for you

• Paid Members

The new King Kong is fantastic, it was really cool seeing them go completely balls out with him. The big scene when the helicopters arrived at skull island is the most fun I've had at the cinema for ages. It's definitely worth seeing it on the big screen too, there are some great shots showing off how insanely huge they made King Kong in it. I didn't even know John C Reilly was going to be in it so that was a cool surprise, he was great.

and they didn't kill Kong! Really happy with the Kong isn't the bad guy route they went, worked perfectly for me, sam jackson was great as the unreasonable nutter who wanted him dead

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

How child friendly is Kong? My 6 year old likes the look of it. I'm ok with her seeing soft 12A's but not so much the ones a fraction off a 15.

• Paid Members

How child friendly is Kong? My 6 year old likes the look of it. I'm ok with her seeing soft 12A's but not so much the ones a fraction off a 15.

In terms of massive scary monsters fighting each other and killing people, it's a fair bit more intense and violent than Jurassic Park.