DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Kong: Skull Island.

I enjoyed it and it was a lot of fun and felt like an ‘event’ movie which is always nice. John C.Reilly is as illuminating as ever but things really perplexed and annoyed me in equal measures throughout:

I really, REALLY don’t like Tom Hiddleston and his poxy face that every time I look at it I think of a fucking Avicii song.

Brie Larson has an unshakeable smug aura of that as somebody who thinks far too highly of herself.

When Kong gets amorous how does he relieve himself? He’s a feral, virile male full of rage and testosterone with what must, must be something like the body of an A-380 Airbus clanging around down there, so he has needs.

And I noticed on Skull Island there were adjacent, similar hills/mountain peaks, so I deduced that he must straddle them in some way and get something akin to a tit-wank off them. He shoots an ignorant amount of his Yop into the drink, that inseminates an egg or a fish somehow and he spawns one of those things like Rodan from the sea.

Have it all sussed, this Monsterverse.

• Paid Members

Yeah, we can definitely add it to the long list of films that Reilly is the best thing in. Hiddleston was crap though, agreed. Good actor but nowhere near enough charisma or presence for a film like this. We're really fucked if he becomes the next Bond. Good fun though, and probably the weirdest Vietnam film of all time.

• Paid Members

When Kong gets amorous how does he relieve himself? He’s a feral, virile male full of rage and testosterone with what must, must be something like the body of an A-380 Airbus clanging around down there, so he has needs.

And I noticed on Skull Island there were adjacent, similar hills/mountain peaks, so I deduced that he must straddle them in some way and get something akin to a tit-wank off them. He shoots an ignorant amount of his Yop into the drink, that inseminates an egg or a fish somehow and he spawns one of those things like Rodan from the sea.

Have it all sussed, this Monsterverse.

Are we really just going to pretend like this never happened? You're a great man, Malbranque.

Shame is just Michael Fassbender getting balls deep to ever increasingly depressing music whilst hinting that he either has or wants to bone his sister isn't it.

Blood Father was good though. Simple premise and Mel Gibson playing the perfect part for him. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Paid Members

That Poldark chap seems a good fit.

He looks a bit too much like Dalton to me and he's already been done. I'd say give it to Gerard Butler for a left-field choice. He's pushing on a bit at 47 though. Didn't think he was that age. He's around about the age Roger Moore was when he got it in 1973.

ADDED: Butler's already been in a Bond film. He played "The Leading Seaman" in "Tomorrow Never Dies".

You can see my house in the really depressing Glasgow film "Dear Frankie" where he's playing "The Handsome Stranger". No name. Kidding on that he's a kid's dad. It says Greenock but most of the film was filmed around here. Rather fucking depressing.

Edited by bAzTNM#1