DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I watched Maiden. It's wonderful. They don't even consider masking the fact it's a pro feminist film they're making, which isn't an issue for men with thick cocks. I shed a wee tear at the finale, so job done. I'd imagine the film would be really powerful for young girls to watch. As the women are ridiculed for most of it for being less than, but prevail.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So where's a guy meant to go to see the Suspiria remake? I heard Mubi had it but it's no longer on that service as the films rotate etc and Amazon who published it(?) don't have it on the UK Prime site.

The usual illegal means, I'd imagine. I use gostream. site these days.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I torrented a good blu-ray rip in the end, it's just annoying I can't even buy/rent a digital copy. and don't remember it being shown in a cinema near me.

It was supposed to get a wide release over here but I don't think it lasted more than a week round here. Wasn't that bothered anyway, the couple of films I've seen from Guadagnino were both crap.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, John Matrix said:

I know I’m blurring the lines a bit here, but I find him hilarious in both 2 Guns and Pain and Gain.

Those are both good films. He can definitely do comedy but he needs a VERY strong script behind him.

35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Admittedly I had incredibly low expectations going in, but I thought that Instant Family had a lot of heart and actually leaned more towards that in the end.  I did not expect to we'll up at what appeared to be a Marky Mark shitcom on paper.

I felt similarly. Went in with low expectations due to terrible trailers and only really saw it to kill time until my girlfriend finished work, but I found myself pretty invested in it and it’s certainly more than the throwaway generic family movie I was expecting.

Handles a delicate topic with a lot of care and thought.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Admittedly I had incredibly low expectations going in, but I thought that Instant Family had a lot of heart and actually leaned more towards that in the end.  I did not expect to well up at what appeared to be a Marky Mark shitcom on paper.

Same. I went in expecting plenty of dick jokes in place of an engaging script, but it really builds to a hearty finale. I noticed quite a few in the cinema were in bits during it. Sadly I was choking for a mighty piss so was suitably distracted to not make others uncomfortable with my Godfather 3 weeping.