Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

So I'm a traitor now because I went to see the Spider-Man cartoon and thought it was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Honestly an incredible piece of work that felt like it wanted everyone to like it rather than just pimply Forbidden Planet dwellers.

When I watched it I was going to suggest you might enjoy it because I really thought you would if you gave it a chance but I thought better of it. I'm glad you enjoyed it man.

Just now, Bellenda Carlisle said:

When I watched it I was going to suggest you might enjoy it because I really thought you would if you gave it a chance but I thought better of it. I'm glad you enjoyed it man.

It was everything that I have always said that comic book movies should be - first and foremost a film that sets out to appeal to everyone. I never felt lost with it, it didn't bore me with deep backgrounds, but it told me enough about everyone involved. Plus the animation is beyond anything I've ever seen. Loved it, and so did my daughter.

220px-Toxic_avengerposter.jpg

A movie that knows exactly what it is and isn't afraid to show you.

I love it. Love it.

Citizen Toxie is most probably the best of the series, the majority of the in house Troma films are trashy gold. A good chunk of them are up on Youtube for free. 

Edited by Rey_Piste

On 1/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

So I'm a traitor now because I went to see the Spider-Man cartoon and thought it was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Honestly an incredible piece of work that felt like it wanted everyone to like it rather than just pimply Forbidden Planet dwellers.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Two films today.

Mary Poppins Returns. Not really a fan of the original but loved this one. Just smiled throughout. Blunt is a treat and most enjoyable family film like this since Paddington 2. 

Followed by Split. McAvoy is outstanding, nice little thriller and interesting to see how they carry this on in Glass.

4 hours ago, zep81 said:

220px-Toxic_avengerposter.jpg

A movie that knows exactly what it is and isn't afraid to show you.

I love it. Love it.

Love the Toxie films, the first episode of the cartoon is a shortened PG remake of the first film and just as funny

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Forgot to say I finally watched Prisoners on NYE, bloody hell it's good.  

Reckon he'll do alright for himself that Villeneuve.

Watched a good little horror film tonight called Clown, from the same guy who did Cop Car, which was also pretty good fun. It's knocking around on Netflix if you fancy some body horror and Peter Stormare being class.

The Favourite is a right treat. Looks great and all the performances are excellent. I know Coleman is getting all the praise, but I thought Emma Stone and Weisz were equally as quality.

The way the blokes are all inconsequential vain dullards is bit of genius, as it leads to some of the biggest laughs.

Loved it.

I also got the chance to see The Rider. Definitely didn't cry at the end. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:13 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Reckon he'll do alright for himself that Villeneuve.

Watched a good little horror film tonight called Clown, from the same guy who did Cop Car, which was also pretty good fun. It's knocking around on Netflix if you fancy some body horror and Peter Stormare being class.

This had been on my radar for a while after hearing/reading about it somewhere. I’d put it on my list but reading you didn’t think it was utter crap prompted me to watch it last night. I really enjoyed it (I’m a bit of a sucker for body horror stuff). As you say, Peter Stormare was reliably enjoyable & aside from a couple of dubious character choices (it’s a horror after all) it was really well handled.

I laughed out loud at Stormare popping up from nowhere & chopping the demon dogs head off

Just watched Escape Plan on Netflix. Pretty good good guy vs bad guy action flick. The acting isn't gonna win any Oscars but it a decent film to turn your brain off too and watch.