DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

A Quiet Place. Had a good premise but let down by some proper sloppy story telling. 

The whole movie could have been avoided if they just shut the doors to their house. 

Reveal hidden contents

also, why were the monsters attracted to the sound of the water filling up the basement but not the waterfall? Why didn’t the dad just cut the speaker out of the rocket in the first place and let the kid keep it? How can the monsters rip through the side of a grain silo but not a pick up truck? Who bright idea was it to have a fucking baby?! 

SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT FUCKING NAIL ON THE STAIRS!

I know the ending is supposed to imply that they kill the monsters now knowing their weakness but I like to think that 40 of them turn up at the house, overrun them and kill the whole family. 

Thinking about it, I really didn’t enjoy it. 

Far superior to Bird Box in my opinion

• Paid Members

I liked Bird Box about as much as I liked A Quiet Place. I also really liked Ready Player One. They're all fun films.

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall today and I'm going to have to stop watching Kristen Bell films now because I certainly don't need another mid-life crush ruining my already fragile sense of worth. Funny film though.

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I liked Bird Box about as much as I liked A Quiet Place. I also really liked Ready Player One. They're all fun films.

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall today and I'm going to have to stop watching Kristen Bell films now because I certainly don't need another mid-life crush ruining my already fragile sense of worth. Funny film though.

Just like with Brie Larson, I’ll watch any old shit with her in it. Bad Moms, The Lifeguard, Like Father...I’ll sit through them all.

She is utterly charming.

Yeah I enjoyed A Quiet Place, which was tonight's viewing.  Not going all nit picky but the reason why the doors were all open is because the aliens/monsters would have heard them being closed thus would have been alerted to the people in the house.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just like with Brie Larson, I’ll watch any old shit with her in it. Bad Moms, The Lifeguard, Like Father...I’ll sit through them all.

She is utterly charming.

How was Like Father? I was going to watch it just because it was her and Kelsey Grammar.

• Paid Members

I saw Vice yesterday and loved it. Christian Bale is a stud. When I saw the first trailer I honestly couldn't tell it was him, his metabolism must be nuts.

The fake ending mid-film had me cackling as if only that really happened. The stinger at the real end was a bit ham-fisted and obvious, though. As was the implication that Cheney would willingly let his daughter get thrown under the bus for politics, there's no indication he was really behind it.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Hide contents

There is one scene that had me the closest to wretching in a cinema I've been since the gangrene fingers in The Shape of Water.

Does it involve when they're cleaning her apartment?

• Paid Members

I'm no M. Night Shyamalan fan anyway but Branquey is right about Glass. Shyamalan really ballsed it up badly in that final third. I've seen enough to conclude he's a huge fraud.