DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Destroyer was alright. There was no real need for Nicole Kidman's huge transformation but it's a decent enough crime thriller, especially as Karyn Kusama is usually shite.

• Paid Members

The new Netflix one, Polar, is a real oddity. A bit of a Leon / John Wick knock-off when Mads Mikkelsen is in it, and a really good one at that, but when it switches to Matt Lucas and his gang of idiot assassins it's a totally different film, and an awful one at that. Enjoyed it though.

Also, Kurrgan takes a shit.

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Escape Room

Imagine one of the weaker Saw movies, take away the extreme gore, and add a sprinkle of The Belko Experiment and you've got this.  It's quite bad.

I really enjoyed this film tbh the second one Is dogshit but this one is a good watch 

13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The new Netflix one, Polar, is a real oddity. A bit of a Leon / John Wick knock-off when Mads Mikkelsen is in it, and a really good one at that, but when it switches to Matt Lucas and his gang of idiot assassins it's a totally different film, and an awful one at that. Enjoyed it though.

Also, Kurrgan takes a shit.

I think Hideo Kojima agrees.. wtf

• Awards Moderator

We went to see Mary Queen of Scots this afternoon. It's fine - nothing particularly special though Saoirse Ronan is typically excellent. I was frequently distracted by expecting her half-brother Lord Moray to start busting out Black Mass kicks.

5c09434a5930f81095082e57.png

That's the only picture Google had to offer me, and it's not the best, but I swear, most of the time he's on screen you'd be forgiven for thinking Aleister Black had decided to give acting a go.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

We went to see Mary Queen of Scots this afternoon. It's fine - nothing particularly special though Saoirse Ronan is typically excellent. I was frequently distracted by expecting her half-brother Lord Moray to start busting out Black Mass kicks.

5c09434a5930f81095082e57.png

That's the only picture Google had to offer me, and it's not the best, but I swear, most of the time he's on screen you'd be forgiven for thinking Aleister Black had decided to give acting a go.

First time for everything I suppose

• Paid Members

Can You Ever Forgive Me? is a wonderful film, one of the better ones about being a struggling writer that I've ever seen. Melissa McCarthy is brilliant as well. Not bad for a fat lass from bad comedies.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, johnnyboy said:

This is the new one at the cinema.  Oddly there have been about 50 films called Escape Room released in the last few years.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/escape_room_2019

In fairness, the room(s) themselves are pretty cool and Karen out of Daredevil is in it but what killed it for me is...

(Massive Spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

The epilogue ending felt more tacked on than pretty much any tacked on ending you've ever seen.  Like they'd finished the film and then got an ok for a series or at least a sequel and had to stick an extra ten/fifteen minutes on to bridge to it.

I was meaning escape plan not room my screw up haha. But yeah escape plan good film I really enjoyed it