DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I still say Hugh Grant should have got the nod for best supporting actor at the Oscars last year. The only reason I can think of why he didn't is it came out in January in America. And they didn't turn out for it. Thankfully they were both popular elsewhere in the world

I know it's basically the same role but Hugh Grant would have made a great Count Olaf. I'm still waiting for his Bond villian too. Has he been a villian in anything else? Seems to have avoided it, other than being the one good thing in those big knicker films.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I still say Hugh Grant should have got the nod for best supporting actor at the Oscars last year. The only reason I can think of why he didn't is it came out in January in America. And they didn't turn out for it. Thankfully they were both popular elsewhere in the world

It might possibly be eligible for next year's Oscars due to its release date. I read an article recently pushing it to be nominated in several categories including Grant for Supporting Actor.

I'm very worried about the fact that Paul King might not direct Paddington 3. He's the only man I trust with that bear.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Plus the Oscars are meaningless and shit. 

while I agree to a certain extent, it's good to be recognized for a good job none the less.

4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It might possibly be eligible for next year's Oscars due to its release date. I read an article recently pushing it to be nominated in several categories including Grant for Supporting Actor.

I'm very worried about the fact that Paul King might not direct Paddington 3. He's the only man I trust with that bear.

As long as he is involved in some capacity, it should be ok

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Plus the Oscars are meaningless and shit. 

Did you see the state of the Golden Globe nominations this year as well? They've really outdone themselves.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Did you see the state of the Golden Globe nominations this year as well? They've really outdone themselves.

Yeah, bag of shite.  Unless The Lovely Rosamund wins then of course they will mean something.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, bag of shite.  Unless The Lovely Rosamund wins then of course they will mean something.

I thought Welcome to Marwen would have been in contention, though it's release is Christmas as is Mary Poppins.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah. I mean Kristen Bell for Good Place over D'Arcy Carden is just mental