DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I watched the Bluray, which was indeed gorgeous. Yeah from what I can gather Lynch had a 3 hour cut in mind, but the producers went ahead a did the theatrical version without him and added the crappy VOs. I'm not convinced a longer version would solve all the problem though, but we'll never know as Lynch apparently isn't arsed and tuned down making his own cut. 

Colin Farrell in WIDOWS is brilliant. He's up there with Adam Driver as being consistently excellent in everything at the moment. Everything he's in is a different turn and he shines.

By the way, someone mentioned him earlier, but is Dane Dehan the worst attempt at making a star out of someone so shite since Sam Worthington?

• Awards Moderator
39 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Colin Farrell in WIDOWS is brilliant. He's up there with Adam Driver as being consistently excellent in everything at the moment. Everything he's in is a different turn and he shines.

By the way, someone mentioned him earlier, but is Dane Dehan the worst attempt at making a star out of someone so shite since Sam Worthington?

Taylor Kitsch.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Taylor Kitsch.

I agree. He seemed to have all the love on FNL but he didn't make the leap to leading man, though I still think John Carter is underrated. Back doing art house and TV now. Other honorable mentions include Jai Courtney, Garrett Hedlund and to a lesser extent Armie Hammer as he was excellent in The Social Network, twice, but been bang average in everything else.

• Paid Members

He was great in Free Fire, but so was everyone else.

Watched Thoroughbreds today. Even more annoyed that I missed this at the cinema now. Is Anya Taylor Joy the best young actor around right now? Yes, yes she is.

Arnie Hammer was great in Man From Uncle, I thought.  Not sure as you say that he can carry a whole franchise on his own, but the camera loves him.

Armie Hammer is the best looking man with the worst sounding ADR ever. It must be his natural huskiness but it always sounds like his lines are underwater in mono. Watch him in that weird Snow White film and the score swamps him. Either that or he just has the enunciation of a gas boiler. 

I watched Independance Day this afternoon. I've seen this more times than i can remember but there was a scene in it i don't ever remember seeing before.

Will Smith shows up at the gate of area 51 and gets let in and i though the next scene was the scientists running out to take the alien inside but before that David was shown the inside of the crashed spaceship by the scientist.