DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Anyone with the new Batman The animated series BluRay having any trouble getting there player to recognise the discs? I'm using my Ps4 to try and view them. The first disc loads no problem but so far the 2 and 3rs are coming up as unrecognised discs. All my other blurays load No problem and the 2 and 3rd discs will load if I first load up the 1st disc..Ā 

3 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Anyone with the new Batman The animated series BluRay having any trouble getting there player to recognise the discs? I'm using my Ps4 to try and view them. The first disc loads no problem but so far the 2 and 3rs are coming up as unrecognised discs. All my other blurays load No problem and the 2 and 3rd discs will load if I first load up the 1st disc..Ā 

Working fine for me on a PS3.

Will try on the PS4 in the morning and update

8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Working fine for me on a PS3.

Will try on the PS4 in the morning and update

Cheers. I googled it last night and it might be a ps4 laser issue. I've had it 4 months after launch is one of the old one.. Taping where the BluRay drive on it loads the discs AparantlyĀ 

• Paid Members

I watched Widows at the weekend and it's a solidly made effort. I went in only really knowing Davis and Neeson were in it, so was kind of shocked to see how many talented actors popped up and did the film a great service. Davis, in particular, is the strongest part of the whole movie, as she manages to convey a combination of desperation andĀ strength throughout; you can't help but will her character to do well.

Elizabeth Debicki gets the fellas out too, lads. She also happens to be excellent as the, sort of, Adriana La Cerva of the group.

• Paid Members

Watched a pretty good film called Brigsby Bear the other day. Probably didn't do enough with the concept but it was sweet and really well acted.

Cloud Atlas on the other hand, which I watched yesterday, is so long that it's probably still going on now. It's really bad apart from Jim Broadbent escaping from on OAP home. Jim Sturgess may be the worst actor in the world right now.

• Paid Members

Upgrade is superb isn't it. Absolutely livid I missed it at the cinema but it's a cracking film. One of those with few ideas of its own but just enough invention to give it its own voice. Great, brave ending too.

On the flipside, The Limehouse Golem is complete dogshit. I fucking hate whodunnits but this is even stupider than most of the rest. Olivia Cooke almost made it watchable but nah.

• Paid Members

Netflix had a cracking day yesterday. Both Cam and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs are superb.

The latter, being an anthology, is slightly patchy in places but exactly what you would expect from the Coens as well. Plus, Tom Waits gets his own segment as a gold prospector so it has to be worth seeing for that alone.

Cam is an excellent little thriller. One of the few films I've ever seen that actually gives a balanced and thoughtful account of sex work, possibly because it was written by a former camgirl. Highly recommended.

• Paid Members
On 11/14/2018 at 11:30 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Upgrade is superb isn't it. Absolutely livid I missed it at the cinema but it's a cracking film. One of those with few ideas of its own but just enough invention to give it its own voice. Great, brave ending too.

My favouriteĀ in as long as I can remember, I was buzzing when I left the cinema.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

My favouriteĀ in as long as I can remember, I was buzzing when I left the cinema.

Such an unusual and unsettling ending for a film of that sort. Brilliant way to set up a sequel and to transform that character too.Ā