DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That's the one! Enjoy!

Nice. I'm particularly glad because I already bought it. It's cheap as chips on Amazon marketplace if anyone else is interested.

614HD1AaKaL._SX342_.jpg

A tremendous, gritty action movie with brilliant performances by Eric Roberts and in particular; Jon Voight (who I believe were both nominated for Oscars). I'd actually never heard of the movie until I happened to come across the blu ray the other week. Might well be a forgotten classic to a lot of people.

• Paid Members

Anyone expecting Hold the Dark to be more of the same from Jeremy Saulnier after Blue Ruin and Green Room are going to be as disappointed as I am. It starts really well but the last two-thirds are crap. Biggest disappointment of the year.

• Paid Members

Where do you guys stand on this little moral dilemma I had this morning?

I took my daughter to a screening of A House With A Clock In It’s Wall earlier. As we were waiting for the film to start a group of carers with young adults with severe learning disabilities enter the cinema. They were shouting and jumping, and one young man was continuously slapping himself in the face which frightened my daughter. We sat there until the film started, but the gentlemen continued to shout and walk around so I decided to leave and the cinema gave me a refund. 

I feel a bit of a cunt for leaving (although we were not the only people to leave) as I appreciate I have no more right to sit in that cinema then anyone else. However I had paid £25 to watch a film with my daughter and expect to be able to do that in a peaceful environment. 

What would you have done? 

40 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

You're surprised? Sounds like pretty typical of the gouging chains to me. 

Our local Vue put their ticket price to £5 across the board a couple of years back, we've not been back to Cineworld since.