DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

McCarthy is alright like, it's some of the dog shit she's in that's the problem. Spy was hilarious, even with Miranda in it.

Hereditary is a strange one. Something happens that really unsettled me for the rest of the film. Does a lot of good things though, just wasn't the masterpiece I'd been sold.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

McCarthy is alright like, it's some of the dog shit she's in that's the problem. Spy was hilarious, even with Miranda in it.

She's a great comedy actress but I would say it's a case of there being a real lack of quality comedy scripts around for a female lead that leads her to doing so much crap. See also - Anna Faris. But Spy was brilliant, all her Paul Feig collaborations have been fine quality.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

Caught Deadpool 2 yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The post credit scenes had me in tears. I was told it's not as good as the first one but I would say that the story is better in the second. As a Cable fan, I was disappointed with his performance to try and be the next punisher but it's still a good film. 

4 stars.

I thought it was utter dross. The first one does not hold up well to repeat viewings but the second is straight up toilet. 

Did a whole podcast about it https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/dis-after-dark-a-disney-theme-parks-and-movie-podcast/id499831329?mt=2&i=1000412188492

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Ghostbusters being the exception.

You're probably right about the lack of quality scripts available but even still I wish she’d have a bit of a better shit-filter with her films though. It’s a shame because Spy was excellent.

Ghostbusters was fine. It was much better then the internet community would have you believe. Perfectly adequate, just not groundbreaking 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Notebook is a modern movie masterpiece!

I have never seen it. But my wife has. I was out with some friends and she called me up barely able to speak. Couldn't breathe, couldn't understand her. She just kept saying I need you to come home as quickly as you can. I thought someone had died. I get home and she was distraught from watching that movie (Eventually she explained how some of it resonated with people in her life, namely her Dad). To this day I have never known a reaction to a film like it. I am pretty sure now that if I watch it, it will not have the intended effect.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The Happytime Murders has just replaced Open Water as the worst movie I've ever seen. I didn't laugh once. Not fucking once.

My mate insisted it would be akin to Team America and was guffawing all the way through it, the lousy prick.

similar to me and Sausage Party. 90 minutes of just shit vulgar and dick jokes does not an entertaining film make. The reason why South Park and Team America are so good is that the make a decent script with funny jokes.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Puppet rendition of the Basic Instinct leg crossing scene.

It didn't do a lot for me.

Well it's sold me on it. The duck lady in the bath with her tits out in the beginning of Howard the duck will always be my fave though.