DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 8/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, zep81 said:

I've had the directors cut of The Warriors on DVD for years and have only recently got the theatrical version too on DVD. Much prefer that cut and it's a bit of a shame it's the directors cut DVD that's generally sold and more prevalent tbh.

My sister particularly loves The Warriors, and absolutely detests the DC - she paid over the odds a few years ago for the original version on DVD.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Despite having people I like in it, I thought it looked terrible. Can anyone else vouch for it before I commit to watching it?

Yeah it's good fun. Certainly worth a watch if you like comedy horror.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

My sister particularly loves The Warriors, and absolutely detests the DC - she paid over the odds a few years ago for the original version on DVD.

I read last night that the theatrical is on Netflix with a nice HD print. That will do me until they get there act together and put out a proper bluray.

EDIT - No longer on UK Netflix

Edited by DEF

53 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I only watched The Warriors for the first time a couple of years ago tbh and plumped for the directors cut DVD without thinking about it. It was only recently after reading about it online it was best to track down the theatrical cut due to the differences. Glad I did now.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, DEF said:

I read last night that the theatrical is on Netflix with a nice HD print. That will do me until they get there act together and put out a proper bluray.

That's good to know! Will stick that on the list. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, zep81 said:

I only watched The Warriors for the first time a couple of years ago tbh and plumped for the directors cut DVD without thinking about it. It was only recently after reading about it online it was best to track down the theatrical cut due to the differences. Glad I did now.

One of my favourite things about the film, and I'm glad the DC didn't affect it, is the soundtrack. Fucking ace. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That's good to know! Will stick that on the list. Thanks.

One of my favourite things about the film, and I'm glad the DC didn't affect it, is the soundtrack. Fucking ace. 

Bad news. I've just had a search on Netflix and it's been taken down. It was definitely on the UK version until recently because I very nearly gave it a watch then, assumed it was the DC and didn't load it up.

Sorry to get hopes up.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is the version on Amazon Prime the theatrical cut?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warriors-Michael-Beck/dp/B00FZD8MCK

Anyway, it's easily tracked down on nefarious streaming sites if you want to see it.

According to the reviews below it, it would appear to be the theatrical cut. Thanks for that, Devon.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

According to the reviews below it, it would appear to be the theatrical cut. Thanks for that, Devon.

41 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is the version on Amazon Prime the theatrical cut?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Warriors-Michael-Beck/dp/B00FZD8MCK

Anyway, it's easily tracked down on nefarious streaming sites if you want to see it.

The trouble is that if the run time is correct that amazon have listed there, at 93 mins then it' the DC. The theatrical is 92 I believe. If anyone takes a punt on renting it let us know.