DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's good fun. Mind you, I think The Rock is actually beneath something so formulaic now, he deserves better than this. That said, it's clearly all the better for all the effort he puts in it.

Watched Law Abiding Citizen last night, I usually hate all those moralistic killer films but this was ok, felt a bit gypped the wrong person died though.  Don't know if it was trying to blur the good guy bad guy divide but it was quite empty.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Speaking of whom, I saw Central Intelligence the other day. Kevin Hart still annoys me, but I enjoyed it despite that. I can't deny he and Rocky have good chemistry. He's his Rob Schneider.

It was pretty good as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been serious talk of a sequel but I guess we sort of got that with Jumanji.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It was pretty good as well. I'm surprised there hasn't been serious talk of a sequel but I guess we sort of got that with Jumanji.

Huh for some reason I could have sworn we were getting CI2. Must have been that it's such an obvious one to start a franchise. Really enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll check out Skyscraper soon.

• Paid Members

I'd heard rumours of it but I didn't know if anything was concrete. I guess Rocky might find space for it between Hobbs & Shaw and Jumanji 3.

• Paid Members

Calibre was outstanding. Sickeningly tense at points, and at one point in particular my pots were stretched to the point where I actually left the room and let herself keep watching as I couldn't take it. That really only ever happened me during USA 94 after Ray Houghton scored against Italy. Very grim, very dark but superb movie.

I always keep an eye out for Martin McCann as I was on a stags with him back in 2008 (mutual friend of a friend) and he's great fun and a lovely bloke, so I'm delighted to see him doing well for himself.

• Paid Members

Can't wait to see that, Branquey, encouraged by the raves it's getting on here and widespread.

Watched something called Kill Command last night, really only because I love Vanessa Kirby now, and actually it was quite good. Rip-off of Aliens and Predator to a degree but there was some good stuff in it, and she plays a cracking sexy cyborg.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Just had another watch of Fury Road. I'm assuming the consensus around here was much the same as everywhere else and that it was wonderful, or at least I hope so.

Thought it would be interesting to watch it considering the comparisons with Fallout that it's getting. What struck me about it most this time round is just how quickly those two hours fly by. Honestly, I can't think of a film of around that length that feels so short. There's absolutely always something happening. It stops maybe twice, for a couple of minutes each time, and then it's back in gear. Incredible film.

Fury Road is one of my favourites. Pure fun for two hours. Non Stop action. It's hard not to smile watching this film. I remember going back to the cinema the following day to watch it again I loved it that much. 

May have to watch it again soon, wasn't there rumours they were making sequels? 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Fury Road is one of my favourites. Pure fun for two hours. Non Stop action. It's hard not to smile watching this film. I remember going back to the cinema the following day to watch it again I loved it that much. 

May have to watch it again soon, wasn't there rumours they were making sequels? 

Tied up in legal battles at the moment unfortunately

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

The Shallows. More like The Shits. Fucking awful film that no amount of slow motion, close up shots of Blake Lively zipping up her wet suit or her arse as she walks into the water or could save. Woeful CGi towards the end and some equally awful green screen stuff.

For some reason, I put on The Beach tonight. It's still a fairly good film, I enjoyed it when it first came out, and I like the book, but it must have been a while since I've seen it, as I've just realised that cricket loving Keaty, is none over than good old Alan Johnson from Peep Show! "Fuck a chicken" indeed.

61JGBnxNxnL._SY445_.jpg

Another in a line of foreign Mad Max rip offs, but it's got it's charm and there's fun to be had. Shooting, Shooting........and more shooting. Although when he first gets his hands on the Equalizer gun; He shoots at bad guys in that classic A-Team style, where nobody actually dies lol. Quite apt too in this as with him is a Hannibal lookalike.

Look out for Robert Patrick in this too.

Also, even though it's a Mad Max rip off in itself, maaaaaybe George Miller watched it to nick a scene for himself for Fury Road where the rock bridge gets blown up and collapses;

aUhrpHk.png

Eh. Eh.

Edited by zep81