Devon Malcolm

DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Naked. A film headlined by a Wayans brother. Its Groundhog Day set in an hour that starts with a naked Wayans in a lift.

Its better than expected. But I expected to gouge out my own eyeballs within 20 minutes.

Are all the bad reviews for The Dark Tower due to fans of the books moaning? I thought it was alright.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

DJM    1
38 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are all the bad reviews for The Dark Tower due to fans of the books moaning? I thought it was alright.

I would guess that it is going to be a mix, with some of the poor reviews from fans who were disappointed by the film (I wouldn't go so far as to say moaning about it), but some are also going to be people who were just not at all impressed by what was a pretty poor film. I have not read any of the books and I just found it to be a really underwhelming and forgettable film that tried to cram too much into its short 90-minute runtime. It is not awful or anything, but it's also not good either really.

bAzTNM#1    6

How is "The Running Man" perceived amongst Arnie fans? Just that I've got a weird sensation where I must stick it on.

Keith Houchen    190
2 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

How is "The Running Man" perceived amongst Arnie fans? Just that I've got a weird sensation where I must stick it on.

Bret Hart / Roddy Piper level, just behind the Hogan / Rock of Commando and Predator.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bret Hart / Roddy Piper level, just behind the Hogan / Rock of Commando and Predator.

Alongside the good Terminator films and Total Recall.

Yeah, Raw Deal is easily one of his worst aside from when his wife throws a pudding at him. Red Heat is not quite one of his best but still really funny and it's Walter Hill as a bonus.

johnnyboy    40

Life

I'd missed this in the cinema as it seemed to have an incredibly limited engagement of about 4 days round my way.  Back of fag packet pitch would have been Alien set on the ISS.  Nothing revolutionary, but it's plausibility made it scarier for me.  A good notch or two above average, decent cast, and a refreshingly dark tone even if it is maybe a bit by the numbers for lovers of the Sci-Fi Horror genre.

Steven Segal spoiler:

Ryan Reynolds gets Executive Decisioned.

Watched an incredibly cheesy sci-fi/horror film called Mold! via the Filmon app on Kodi last night. The acting and special effects were hilariously bad, like something out of the late 70s/early 80s so imagine my shock that it actually came out in 2012!!!. If that wasn't enough, the cover of the DVD release makes it out to be a much better film than it actually is with post apocalyptic imagery