DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

If Blade Runner is as good as everyone says then that puts Villeneuve on a pretty hot run of films. Providing you dont think Enemy is wank. I think if you put Prisoners, Sicario and Arrival in the hands of any other three directors and you'd have films just as well made but no where near as entertaining. 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

If Blade Runner is as good as everyone says then that puts Villeneuve on a pretty hot run of films. Providing you dont think Enemy is wank. I think if you put Prisoners, Sicario and Arrival in the hands of any other three directors and you'd have films just as well made but no where near as entertaining. 

It's better than that because Polytechnique and Incendies before those are quite brilliant too. He's unstoppable, the boy Villeneuve. And Enemy is great.

• Paid Members

Visually, the most beautiful movie I have ever, ever seen and probably will ever see for a long time.

It is a fuckin stunning movie from the inside out.  

I'm about ten minutes out of the flicks, sitting in my car, trembling.

I don't know what else to say...I'm stunned here and really want to just shake Villeneuve's hand just to say 'thank you.'

• Paid Members

Jared Leto's palace in this is an incredible creation and I want to know everything about how they did that. Just stunning.

It's the best film I've seen this year, whether from 2017 or otherwise.

• Paid Members

That's the thing - it wasn't just a bunch of flashy visuals and sets to no end. They had a purpose and they always meant something. I really wish I'd seen it in IMAX actually, genuinely considering going back next week and seeing it there.

According to the woman sitting in front of me 2049 was a load of shit, there were only a few people at my showing but they were constantly up and down missing the biggest plot points just to have a shit or buy a drink.

I've already told myself that I have to watch it again, this time in IMAX.