Daffney/TNA situation could change wrestling

Smith

It's TNA. We know how stupid they are. And we also know they'll get away with it again. This whole thing is a non-issue to be honest.

Doesn't the fact that they settled with Daffney, presumably for a decent amount, show other wrestlers that they can't get away with it, though?

• Moderators

Nope. They've probably got away with it since, and they'll get away with it again. Also, taking large companies to court isn't cheap, and people like Daffney who were silly enough to work for a cup of soup a fortnight can't always afford it. You're reading far too much into this.

You can find people to work pro bono right? I assume that's how she's managed to do all this.

I do agree that anyone dumb enough to work for TNA, after everything that's come out, might deserve what they get, though.

It's all about what you can negotiate, with companies like TNA. Most of the bigger stars have their own private health insurance I'd imagine, that's the way it's always been done. It's a shitty situation for those near the bottom, but you have to balance the national exposure with the low pay.

I'm assuming that performers like Kong, Angelina Love and so on make more money on the indies than they do in TNA, and that's why they've left. But there are some girls on decent pay in TNA - Hemme, Kim, Tara, so it's not impossible.

• Moderators

What are Tara and Hemme on? The reason Tara left before is because she was getting totally bummed on pay. The national exposure there is balanced out by the fact that TNA control your bookings as well, so you can't make as much as you'd like as you have no control and can't just work work work to abuse that national exposure. It's just a shit place to work if you're a bird or on the bottom.

What are Tara and Hemme on? The reason Tara left before is because she was getting totally bummed on pay. The national exposure there is balanced out by the fact that TNA control your bookings as well, so you can't make as much as you'd like as you have no control and can't just work work work to abuse that national exposure. It's just a shit place to work if you're a bird or on the bottom.

TNA recently made a rule saying no talent could appear on outside dates if they were going to be recorded for DVD. Which, by the way, is mostly how indies make their money, so you can imagine how that is working out.

They also can't do ippvs or anything like that. I think there was something ages ago that said they couldn't work indies in the UK, either, but I'm not sure if that's still in the place.

Archived