So which UK promotion has sealed the deal with Challenge TV

CliveG

On Wrestletalk TV they often put text messages across the bottom of the screen .Last Sunday the message was the news that a british promotion had landed a late night slot on Challenge TV and would debut at the end of the month. Presumably more will be announced in the next week or so ... but who can it be ?

Lucha Britannia have reportedly been taping for TV but havn't announced a Channel .

Pro Wrestling Republic have announced that they will be taping a pilot show

UKW are taping a 6 part series in mid April

but who has landed the Challenge TV deal?

• Paid Members

Don't know for certain, but based on posts Alex Shane has made on Facebook, I get the impression the show is being put together by the WrestleTalk TV show and will feature tapes of matches supplied by a variety of promotions. Kind of like UK RoundUp on TWC but with fewer unauthorized tape trader ads.

• Paid Members

Didn't Shane send out a mass email to promoters about getting on TV?

I presume its for some sort of generic "British Wrestling" show, that'll feature multiple promotions. I believe TWC had something similar.

EDIT: Lister beat me to it!

Didn't Shane send out a mass email to promoters about getting on TV?

I presume its for some sort of generic "British Wrestling" show, that'll feature multiple promotions. I believe TWC had something similar.

EDIT: Lister beat me to it!

On a side note, didnt PCW put a note on there Fbook a couple of months ago with a photo of a transmitter?

Then you get into a situation where it's not a fair representation of what's out there. You get a situation where it'll feature companies who can afford / want to pay for the slot. Besides, if it's meant to be a British wrestling show, it has a duty to report and feature it all, not just the ones who pay.

The News at 10 don't charge for stories or organisations to feature there, or at least i don't think they do....!

Then you get into a situation where it's not a fair representation of what's out there. You get a situation where it'll feature companies who can afford / want to pay for the slot. Besides, if it's meant to be a British wrestling show, it has a duty to report and feature it all, not just the ones who pay.

The News at 10 don't charge for stories or organisations to feature there, or at least i don't think they do....!

Sorry, but that's a mental attitude towards it, and the comparison to the news is a massive stretch, to say the least.

It's a "British Wrestling show" if it's a show based around British wrestling - simple as that. There is nothing there to indicate it has to represent every bit of wrestling in this country. WWE and TNA are "American Wrestling shows" but don't feature everything that happens in a wrestling ring in America. Every wrestling show features and promotes the people on it's own show, not everyone's shows everywhere!

Also you really can not compare News at Ten and a British Wrestling show,thats mental.

Who ever ends up on Challenge though has no duty to anything

TV is a Money game so to stay on air they need ratings and Money id guess

Eddies right ,i mean could you imagine Vince saying "God dam it i dont think we showed enough of ROH tonigh on Raw"

• Paid Members

Echoing Eddie and Bully here.

It's not the duty of a British wrestling programme to show all British wrestling - a very significant portion of it is absolute shit. Furthermore (and this is much more important, I think), the supposed "duty" of any British wrestling broadcasting has been reduced and narrowed: there have been so many massive fuck-ups, shitarse promotions and scandals that contributed towards making BritWres look shitty and small-time that any programme like WrestleTalk actually is almost obligated to do the opposite of what M-Dudz suggests - if they're going to get any kind of reputation as being a decent outlet for British wrestling, they need to weed out the shit and only show the stuff that is ostensibly and demonstrably good, i.e. shows that have well-trained wrestlers who look or fit the part, that are well filmed and edited, that have good enough production values, that are run by promotions who haven't fucked over fans, wrestlers or staff, and are likely to keep running for the near future.

Think about all the shit there's been over the years: WrestlExpress, GWF (not Farrer's fault, but the aftermath was damaging), OPWO, 1PW, TBW, Adam Bowler, and lots of shitty, shitty promotions. It would be counter-productive to broadcast all these, to put it mildly. The relationship between WrestleTalk and BritWres has to be symbiotic - if the BritWres being broadcast is good enough, it will elevate both itself as an option for fans and WrestleTalk as a fan space where they can get access to good wrestling. Conversely, bad stuff will damage both the scene and the programme.

Echoing Eddie and Bully here.

It's not the duty of a British wrestling programme to show all British wrestling - a very significant portion of it is absolute shit. Furthermore (and this is much more important, I think), the supposed "duty" of any British wrestling broadcasting has been reduced and narrowed: there have been so many massive fuck-ups, shitarse promotions and scandals that contributed towards making BritWres look shitty and small-time that any programme like WrestleTalk actually is almost obligated to do the opposite of what M-Dudz suggests - if they're going to get any kind of reputation as being a decent outlet for British wrestling, they need to weed out the shit and only show the stuff that is ostensibly and demonstrably good, i.e. shows that have well-trained wrestlers who look or fit the part, that are well filmed and edited, that have good enough production values, that are run by promotions who haven't fucked over fans, wrestlers or staff, and are likely to keep running for the near future.

Think about all the shit there's been over the years: WrestlExpress, GWF (not Farrer's fault, but the aftermath was damaging), OPWO, 1PW, TBW, Adam Bowler, and lots of shitty, shitty promotions. It would be counter-productive to broadcast all these, to put it mildly. The relationship between WrestleTalk and BritWres has to be symbiotic - if the BritWres being broadcast is good enough, it will elevate both itself as an option for fans and WrestleTalk as a fan space where they can get access to good wrestling. Conversely, bad stuff will damage both the scene and the programme.

Spot on

I shudder just thinking about a British Wrestling show that covers everything.

Like Carbomb says most of whats out there is shit...and if thats the case why show it?

Duty of care my arse

Archived