Citreon Saxo 1.1 2002 Problems

goldeneye86

Hi, anyone help me out?

I have a 1.1 saxo, can get it to start but there is little electric to it.

all I have is the main headlights, brake lights ,dashboard illuminates and wipers work However nothing else works (no dials work, radio electrical etc)

I've tried taking it off a brand new 12v battery for 2hours to reset the ECU but no joy!

I'm not sure if it could be a earthing issue, alternator F***ed or something else?

Has anyone had similar issues/problems? HELP!! LOL

• Paid Members
Get rid of it.

easiet thing to but it's in great condition apart from this electrical issue so would be a shame as there must be something simple we've missed lol

Honestly the best advice I can give you is to get shot of the thing.

If you want to actually fix the problem but then have years of misery with it, it's the fuses.

Get rid of it.

easiet thing to but it's in great condition apart from this electrical issue so would be a shame as there must be something simple we've missed lol

If you want to actually fix the problem but then have years of misery with it, it's the fuses.

i've checked fuses in both boxes but seem all ok as can't find a blown fuse as visual looks all great. thanks tho :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Get rid of it.

i've checked fuses in both boxes but seem all ok as can't find a blown fuse as visual looks all great. thanks tho :thumbsup:

Even if it's not blown it can still be dodgy.

A common problem is the connections corroding both with the fuse box and battery. Might be worth checking all the cables. Difficult to give advice without looking at it.

Could be a multitude of things however with power isssues always start off with battery / starter / alternator as they are all interlinked.

You said its starting so that elminates the starter.

You said you have a new battery so that eliminates that.

You really need a volt meter to check the alternator however there is a wee crude way of checking in the absence of one.

Put your wipers on full tilt highest setting. Then, keeping an eye on the wipers, put on your lights on full beam. IF your wipers start slowing down noticably or labouring then you alternator is fucked as its not generating enough power to handle the extra load on it (ie wipers & lights).

If it is not that then you are into the murky waters of car electrics. Kookachu isnt wrong sadly Citreons ar notorious for them. It could be a simple fuse or corroded solenoid but obviously hard to say without seeing it in person.

Let me know how you get in i will try help as best i can but it may require an auto electrician to trace back through the wirings.

Sorry i misread that!!

Defo a fuse or solenoid issue.

Fuses.jpg

Fuse1.jpg

Thats the internal fuse box diagram. Even if the fuse look OK swap it or give it a wee rub between your fingers with a brillo pad as they can get gunk on them as Kookachu said earlier.

Fuse 4 and 12 looks the place to start.

Stylin_and_Profilin I thank you for your help.

Tried the wiper/main beam thing that all works fine with no slowing down or struggling so I guess the alternator is ok?

tried rubbing the fuses as mentioned, haven't got any spare ones to try and replace but so far no joy. Mayb best if i replace the fuses outlined next then see where i go from there.

I thank you so much tho as your help is all I can ask for, I'll let you know what happens after i try the above but all the help/advice is welcome!

Archived