The Dynamite Kid

The Reverend

• Paid Members

Didn't Dynamite not particularly like Davey Boy before he even went to Calgary?

Wasn't there an underlying trust issue between the family?

Sort of like why my Nan wouldn't let anyone talk about the Irish side of our family around her.

Yeah, wasn't it Bruce Hart's idea to bring Davey over and start tagging with Dynamite?

From Dynamite's book, he never wanted him in Canada and thought Davey was so clueless and whiny that he would have to hold his hand the whole time. In Dynamite's opinion, that's the way it panned out for the entire time they were a team in Calgary, WWF, and Japan.

After many years of being a complete recluse I'd like to think that him getting back in touch with various family members, doing the documentary, and doing an autograph signing this year are the first steps to him accepting a WWE offer of a Hall Of Fame spot on behalf of him & Davey Boy.

He deserves it. Get Davey's missus and kids on stage with him to do most of the talking and it would be a memorable moment.

Dynamite was before my time. To me he'll always be the bitter old weirdo before anything else. His WWF career was done years before I started watching and as time wore on, I never liked Benoit so never had any interest in tracking down old matches to watch a Benoit prototype. As a kid, I always saw the Bulldogs as the shitter part of Davey's career. "There's not the British Bulldogs, there's just the British Bulldog!" Almost like the tag team was some bootleg act. He had much shitter hair and gear in the tag team, I think that was a big part of it.

Archived