The Dynamite Kid

The Reverend

He and Benoit should be object lessons to aspiring wrestlers in how not to go about a career. If you are willing to destroy your body, your mental state and your family, you can achieve success with a reckless and high risk style.

However, there are better ways of getting over, some of which might not make you into a murderer or violent offender.

• Moderators

I don't think you can compartmentalise their self-destructive nature so simply. Sure, wrestling gives you plenty of opportunity to do it to yourself because there's no shortage of people who don't give a shit about you and are looking to make a buck off your misery... But the behaviour was is/was in their nature.

When he first appeared in 1976 he was doing moves far away from the usual 10 minute headlock stuff seen in British rings at the time, his bouts on WOS before he first left this country are well worth seeing as he was the template for all those who followed him

• Paid Members

It is a great shame what happened to him, the kharma line is an easy line to throw at him, but the loss of the use of his legs coupled with his overbearing pride has turned him into somewhat of a wrestling recluse.

He should go in the HOF with Davey, but he'll never attend in the state he's in.

Obviously a pioneer in the ring... But his lack of Mic skills (in my opinion) would have prevented him getting a big US belt.

Out of the ring:

Bully

Wife beater

Sadistic

Bitter, bitter song of a bitch

Jealous

Miserable little junkie fucker

Even reading his book I wanted to go down to his shed in Warrington, kick down the front door and smash him over the head with his Sky remote.

Bitter is an interesting choice of word.

I've always thought dynamite was one of the few that realised he fucked himself up went home and shut the hell up about it and stayed away from wrestling. I've never heard him particularly moan about it.

• Paid Members
Bitter is an interesting choice of word.

I've always thought dynamite was one of the few that realised he fucked himself up went home and shut the hell up about it and stayed away from wrestling. I've never heard him particularly moan about it.

I never got a bitter feeling from him, he knew he was stitched up by Rougeau and couldn't get his own back for fear of the Montreal Mafia doing his legs, so he just fucked off from WWF.

He was happy in Japan, he got crippleised and jacked it all in.

His pride is what's fucked him most, if he'd taken Bret up on paying for his surgery (or Foley IIRC) then he'd probably be walking now. I mean he could have returned to WWF, but the fact they didn't pay his dentistry bill meant he thought he couldn't.

But on top of all of that, he was an exceptionally angry man.

You have to somehow love the fact that a guy around 5'8'' (?) in a world of giants and musclemen was probably one of the hardest fuckers backstage.

In his book, as well as his short lived website and in interviews he has always buried Davey Boy in such a bitter way I feel. Davey Boy never said a bad word about his sorry arse publicly.

But Davey didn't have a website, book and I can't recall any major interview... plus Dyanmite wasn't the one who fucked Davey over, so why would he be bitter?

There are interviews from later in Davey Boy's career where he says he considers him to be the best ever and shit, but you're right, I suppose Dynamite had potentially more avenues in which to come across as bitter. It's purely how I interpreted his interviews and book, I always felt he took cheap shots and came across as one bitter, twisted, horrible smerge of a man.

Archived