Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle is dead

PowerButchi

on a side note, what was his real name ? i've been confused about this now since i always thought it was Percy Pringle but a lot more people seem to refer to him as bill moody or even william moody...i have no clue anymore which was his legit name and which were just stage names lol..

It's because everyone in the business called him Percy or Perce. He answered to Percy, you buy a shoot interview with Percy Pringle, it's what he went by. Just like all Triple H's mates call him "Hunter" instead of Paul.

Well, apart from his new best mate, Bruno Sammartino. ;) He calls him Paul all the time, especially in this CBS interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=B5WMkU4Gwts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was thinking that his funeral will probably be one of those really well attended by the wrestling community, given how well connected he was and the fact that absolutely nobody seemed to have a bad word to say about him. He seemed to be very well loved. One of the good guys for sure.

• Paid Members

As well as having a lot of friends there, he did work in TNA as Percy Pringle for a period. They're usually pretty good at making sure they acknowledge guys who worked there.

Anyhow, this is the first time I've posted in this thread, so RIP & Roll Tide, Uncle Paul.

• Paid Members
Nice of TNA to acknowledge his passing at start of Impact

Yeah I saw that - that was a WWE photoshoot snap as well they used. I wonder if they got permission, or whether they just grabbed it off a Google image search.

They probably got permission, but I can't imagine WWE kicking up much of a fuss if they didn't - they wouldn't look too good if they did. Plus, most importantly, in the grand scheme of things, it's just not that big a deal, I reckon. Brief tribute to someone who contributed greatly to wrestling; it'd only be a big deal if they made a storyline out of it using his Paul Bearer gimmick (I can't think of any way they could do that without it being shit).

Archived