Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle is dead

PowerButchi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I always figured that Bearer, and maybe 3 or 4 of Takers streak opponents would be inducted into the HOF around the time of Taker's retirement,

A real gentleman who took time for the fans. He used to run his own fan forum back in the day and posted there quite a lot. Even congratulated me when I posted that I had graduated from Uni :)

Always took time to reply to fans eMails, and even retweeted me recently

Yeah, I was going to say he always kept a high profile online. Was a regular poster on forums like Kayfabe Memories.

Remember driving to a gig with Carl Hutchinson last year. Carl was over the moon because he'd emailed back and forth with him a couple of times. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy with a real enthusiasm for his fans.

Does anyone else remember them sending up Undertaker & Paul Bearer on the Mary Whitehouse experience in the '90s? You know you've made it when you're parodied on BBC2.

Seems that nobody has a bad word to say about him. RIP.

A real shame, he was one of the best wwf characters in history and a big part of Undertakers legacy too, aside from him not being there anymore if and when he gets in the HOF, it's also a shame he won't eb there when eventually undertakers gets inducted...he would've been the perfect inductor to introduce 'taker that night.

on a side note, what was his real name ? i've been confused about this now since i always thought it was Percy Pringle but a lot more people seem to refer to him as bill moody or even william moody...i have no clue anymore which was his legit name and which were just stage names lol..

on a side note, what was his real name ? i've been confused about this now since i always thought it was Percy Pringle but a lot more people seem to refer to him as bill moody or even william moody...i have no clue anymore which was his legit name and which were just stage names lol..

William Moody I believe.

I've been waiting in to collect a bath for my Mum today. As I was making a cuppa, she said 'one of them wrestlers has died'. I was surprised because, as much as I like Bearer, I didn't think news would travel that far. She said she knew because of her friend on Facebook posting a link of it from the Sun website. I've since seen quite a lot of posts about him and they've all said how he was one of their favourite characters. At first I wondered whether there'd been another death on top of Bearer's.

I can't say much more than anyone else, but I'd like to check his Texas stuff out.

• Paid Members

It's because everyone in the business called him Percy or Perce. He answered to Percy, you buy a shoot interview with Percy Pringle, it's what he went by. Just like all Triple H's mates call him "Hunter" instead of Paul.

Nice little tribute video. Hopefully Taker & Kane get to say a few words about him on Raw, with him being such a big part of their careers.

Yesterday afternoon, I had both my brother and my mother say to me "Did you hear about Paul Bearer?" - which is extra surprising as my mam probably only remembers about 5 wrestlers in total (all from the early 90's when I was a kid watching it). It says a lot about the impression he made on the audience and even the non-viewers that he is remembered so vividly.

Archived