Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle is dead

PowerButchi

• Moderators

From Jeff Jarrett's twitter. Currently uncomfirmed, but Jarrett's known him forever.

EDIT: Now confirmed by WWE.com. Even more than his WWF stuff, his Texas work was fucking brilliant. RIP.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad news especially given he was quite young. Probably had the greatest name ever conceived in wrestling, just perfect. Two moments that stick out is him coming out with Taker at WM 20 and his oohhhhh yeeessss ringing out through MSG; and the other when Kane came back in February 2000 at the end of that huge 10 man tag on Raw, and Bearer was perfect in that too, with a big grin at first which quickly became this ferocious contortion of his face.

• Paid Members

Absolutely awful news. Jeezo. Not nice to wake up to.

You should really search out his Texas stuff, especially anything with Rick Rude.

58!?! No age at all. He must have been 35-36 when he popped up in the WWF in 1990.

Fuck no...What shitty news to start the day with. His mannerisms and slightly camp performances were what made the WWf cartoon-style great. Never really seen his pre-WWF stuff, so my memories are from his debut with Taker. He really added something to a rather muted character, with his high pitched voice and scooby doo bad guy laugh..One of the all-time great characters.

RIP indeed. :(

• Paid Members

Sad news. The guy has been struggling for years with his health thanks to his weight, so it's not completely out of nowhere this. The bloke was definitely a stand out during the 'cartoon era', but I echo those that are saying to watch his Texas stuff.

Sad times.

He was truely one of a kind, not many were as good at playing such a character so well for so long. Also one of very few in the business who no one ever seemed to dislike or have a bad word to say about.

And echo the comments on his World Class days too.

RIP William Moody

Well that was a bit of a downer to wake up and start your day on. Always loved how Paul Bearer was the voice of The Undertaker and Kane when they were both mysterious and somewhat mute, he made the aura of them both even creepier with his brilliant ghostly voice and his look was amazing for the role he was in too. He has to be one of the greatest managers in wrestling history, he's well up there. Just a terrible coincidence that it's happened around WrestleMania too, just days after Undertaker has been confirmed for it. RIP Paul Bearer.

Utter sh*t news. Hope his family are ok. Another fave from my youth gone

One of my faves was this silversion vhs from 91 where hes at his "home" and talking about his "work" & he delivers the classic line " In school everyone was making breadbins. I made a .......guillotine. aaaaah isnt that beautiful (as he demonstrates it)" complete with hilariously smug sinister grin. Priceless.

Guy was brilliant!

• Paid Members

Rubbish kick off to the day, was a huge Undertaker/Bearer fan when I started getting into wrestling. His work with introduction of Kane and build up to it was one of my favourite storylines they have ever done. Know he has had issues with his health and think he got a gastric bypass a few years ago, still 59 in this day and age isn't exactly a top innings, seemed like a genuinely pleasant guy from reading things on his website in the past.

RIP

Archived