Film 8 of 50

MJAllstar

Hi Guys,

This year to advance my creative film learning i decided to produce, direct and edit 50 films in 1 year (1 a week). Having worked in corporate film for 3 years, although it has allowed me to work with some great people I have felt stunted creatively so thats the reason i started this project.

Film 8 / Week 8, I decided to do a very short documentary on Pro Wrestling entitled "My Sacrifice".

It would be great if you could take a look and give me any feedback good or bad! Its all a big learning process for me so any constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I shot all the footage in 3 hours yesterday at SWE Battle of the Egos 3 on my own.

http://the50filmproject.wordpress.com/2013...8-my-sacrifice/

Hi Guys,

This year to advance my creative film learning i decided to produce, direct and edit 50 films in 1 year (1 a week). Having worked in corporate film for 3 years, although it has allowed me to work with some great people I have felt stunted creatively so thats the reason i started this project.

Film 8 / Week 8, I decided to do a very short documentary on Pro Wrestling entitled "My Sacrifice".

It would be great if you could take a look and give me any feedback good or bad! Its all a big learning process for me so any constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I shot all the footage in 3 hours yesterday at SWE Battle of the Egos 3 on my own.

http://the50filmproject.wordpress.com/2013...8-my-sacrifice/

please say it includes a harvey dale bump!

• Paid Members

I have to say it's very impressive for the amount of time it's taken you. I've seen media students who've spent almost a year making things that don't measure up to that. It's great you've taken a definite focus with the sacrifice element instead of just a vague 'look, British wrestling still exists!' type approach that a lot of short films like this seem to take. It might have been nice to have a bit more voiceover on the actual wrestling clips as there's a slight disconnect at times, but I'd imagine with the amount of footage & time that might not have been possible.

Overall great work though, and really nicely shot considering the hurdles you mention in your blog.

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your kind words. There are a lot of other things I would have liked to have done with this but as I mentioned before time was against me, I literally had to garb the wrestlers for 5 minutes as soon as they got to the venue, quickly brief them on what I was doing as nothing was preplanned and then just managed to get some setting up shots and I was only there to film the first 2 matches. It was all edited over night.

Its by no means perfect, and I definitely see it as a snap shot of a potentially larger project. BUt it was a great learning experience and I was keen to show a side to the general public that maybe they don't think about when they blanket the whole of wrestling as being fake. Its real people behind the glamour.

Archived