Coventry Wrestlemania Weekend... Stuff!

Quentin

• Paid Members

Deep breath...

It's the most exciting time of the year for wrestling fans and I'll be damned if we're not going to cash in on it! Here's the scoop...

ONE!

Saturday 6th April, 11:00

We're offering a very rare opportunity for experienced wrestlers to learn from one of the most well-travelled and widely respected young British wrestlers as Zack Sabre Jr leads a six hour seminar. Full details are available on the event's Facebook page. We advise booking as soon as you can as numbers are limited.

TWO!

Saturday 6th April, 18:00

AMP Wrestling once again return to The Hagard for a night of action with some of the UK's hidden gems in pro wrestling. The team have always had our finger on the pulse when it comes to unearthing new talent and AMP is the place to see the future of British Wrestling - And of course, a chance to see Zack Sabre Jr in action!

THREE!

Sunday 7th April, 19:00

226996_10151270067797511_616934349_n.jpg

Triple X return to the SQ club in the centre of Coventry and the era of the Damned has begun as new champion Majik, Gabriel Grey and new recruit 'Wild Boar' Mike Hitchman aim to secure the Damned Nation's place at the top of the company. Former champ Zack Sabre Jr will be in action and 80's legends The Henchmen will be Pumping Iron and Pounding Beers once again. Check the event details on THE FACEBOOK GIMMICK!

FOUR!

Sunday 7th April 23:00

Something else going on that weekend isn't there? It's only bloody WRESTLEMANIA! And the biggest show of the year deserves respect. So how about watching it in Coventry's number one nightspot, on a big screen - no HUGE screen, with a well stocked bar and hot food available with a bunch of like-minded folks? Lucky for you, The Phoenix will be screening Wrestlemania 29 - and better yet, it's just a minute walk from Triple X at the SQ! Admission to The Darkroom (an exclusive upstairs room where the screening takes place, with it's own bar) is from 11pm and costs just

Might treat myself to a birthday sunday surprise here. Can just go straight for train after mania, save money on fucking hotels. Sound!

To maintain the old school approach, always refer to the pub as the Campbell. If you're sat in a corner, chances are I fingered a girl in that seat in the early 90's

Will the WrestleMania bit definitely stay open until the end of the show? Obviously you're not Tommyboi so I hate to even ask, but I'd be devastated if it got shut off before I see who wins the main event (Cena). I'll be in the midlands for WrestleMania weekend and three quid is cheaper than fifteen or whatever it costs on Virgin Media at my sister's house. I'd even be able to get an early-morning 900 after, like I used to every morning when I lived in Cov.

• Paid Members
Will the WrestleMania bit definitely stay open until the end of the show? Obviously you're not Tommyboi so I hate to even ask, but I'd be devastated if it got shut off before I see who wins the main event (Cena). I'll be in the midlands for WrestleMania weekend and three quid is cheaper than fifteen or whatever it costs on Virgin Media at my sister's house. I'd even be able to get an early-morning 900 after, like I used to every morning when I lived in Cov.

This will be The Phoenix' third Wrestlemania (They actually screen all of the Big Four) and have never had any issues of the Tommyboi nature. I did confirm everything with the gaffer at the weekend anyway so we are good to go.

• Paid Members
Deep breath...

It's the most exciting time of the year for wrestling fans and I'll be damned if we're not going to cash in on it! Here's the scoop...

ONE!

We're offering a very rare opportunity for experienced wrestlers to learn from one of the most well-travelled and widely respected young British wrestlers as Zack Sabre Jr leads a six hour seminar. Full details are available on the event's Facebook page. We advise booking as soon as you can as numbers are limited.

TWO!

AMP Wrestling once again return to The Hagard for a night of action with some of the UK's hidden gems in pro wrestling. The team have always had our finger on the pulse when it comes to unearthing new talent and AMP is the place to see the future of British Wrestling - And of course, a chance to see Zack Sabre Jr in action!

THREE!

Triple X return to the SQ club in the centre of Coventry and the era of the Damned has begun as new champion Majik, Gabriel Grey and new recruit 'Wild Boar' Mike Hitchman aim to secure the Damned Nation's place at the top of the company. Former champ Zack Sabre Jr will be in action and 80's legends The Henchmen will be Pumping Iron and Pounding Beers once again. Check the event details on THE FACEBOOK GIMMICK!

MATCHES!!!

484663_10151293515032511_1662686599_n.jpg

When Mark Andrews first came to the attention of Triple X Wrestling he was virtually unknown and came personally recommended by one of his first mentors, Zack Sabre Jr. Just a couple of years later, on the night Zack lost his Triple X Wrestling title, Andrews pinned Brian Kendrick at an event just 30 minutes away. Andrews is certainly on the rise but has he yet reached the level of Sabre? We're all set to find out. on April 7th.

480104_10151293610082511_1864899342_n.jpg

If there was a standout faceoff in Clusterfuck two, it surely has to have been these two bulls butting heads. 'The Wild Boar' may have left a lasting impression by shockingly joining The Damned Nation but he also made an impression on Dave Mastiff - leading to Mastiff requesting this match from Triple X management. Hitchman is a fast-rising talent and will have Gabriel Grey in his corner but a win here could still be considered an upset and will certainly turn some heads. One thing for sure - it's gonna be meaty!

FOUR!

Something else going on that weekend isn't there? It's only bloody WRESTLEMANIA! And the biggest show of the year deserves respect. So how about watching it in Coventry's number one nightspot, on a big screen - no HUGE screen, with a well stocked bar and hot food available with a bunch of like-minded folks? Lucky for you, The Phoenix will be screening Wrestlemania 29 - and better yet, it's just a minute walk from Triple X at the SQ! Admission to The Darkroom (an exclusive upstairs room where the screening takes place, with it's own bar) is from 11pm and costs just

• Paid Members

RE venues staying open late enough - quite a few Scream pubs are doing WWE PPV nights now, and I've never heard of a single issue with any of them.

Anyway: two cracking matches, right there. Can't wait for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Deep breath...

ONE!

TWO!

AMP Wrestling once again return to The Hagard for a night of action with some of the UK's hidden gems in pro wrestling. The team have always had our finger on the pulse when it comes to unearthing new talent and AMP is the place to see the future of British Wrestling including Tyler Bate, Chris Brookes, Mike Peace and many more!

MAIN EVENT FOR THE EVENING!

601257_601287466550528_656117055_n.jpg

A big showcase match from AMP as the recently on a roll Hunter Brothers tale on the local favourite and AMP Champion Jekkel - and his partner for the evening, Zack Sabre Jr in another rare AMP appearance.

THREE!

MATCHES!!!

When Mark Andrews first came to the attention of Triple X Wrestling he was virtually unknown and came personally recommended by one of his first mentors, Zack Sabre Jr. Just a couple of years later, on the night Zack lost his Triple X Wrestling title, Andrews pinned Brian Kendrick at an event just 30 minutes away. Andrews is certainly on the rise but has he yet reached the level of Sabre? We're all set to find out. on April 7th.

If there was a standout faceoff in Clusterfuck two, it surely has to have been these two bulls butting heads. 'The Wild Boar' may have left a lasting impression by shockingly joining The Damned Nation but he also made an impression on Dave Mastiff - leading to Mastiff requesting this match from Triple X management. Hitchman is a fast-rising talent and will have Gabriel Grey in his corner but a win here could still be considered an upset and will certainly turn some heads. One thing for sure - it's gonna be meaty!

JUST ANNOUNCED

31440_10151310251557511_2065907165_n.jpg

We pick up where we left off at the last event when The Dunnes and The Hunters had a breathtaking battle - but these two are by no means done! With Pete Dunne currently on his first tour of Japan, brother Damian will be taking on Lee Hunter.

535948_10151310313657511_1421217670_n.jpg

In our tradition of striking on new talent before too many people catch on, Triple X welcomes two debutees who have a hell of a lot of buzz around them in the shape of Chris Brookes and Tyler Bate - but these two youngsters won't have it easy as early 90's legends Jim Diehard and Benton Destruction look to pick up their first Triple X victory.

486070_10151310402227511_1861554617_n.jpg

The new champion Majik and The Damned Nation had some terms for the first title defense. They have insisted that as Majik "defeated" all other competitors in Clusterfuck II, he should not have to defend the gold against any of them. Well Triple X decided to throw our own curveball right back! Somewhat of an unknown quantity after only one impressive match for Triple X, Eddie Dennis has been given a big... no, MASSIVE opportunity and gets to go one on one with the champ. Although with Wild Boar and Gabriel Grey around, we can only do our best to keep it to one on one. Best of luck to Eddie Dennis. The odds are against him but he has nothing to lose and an awful lot to gain.

FOUR!

• Paid Members

ONE!

TWO!

AMP Wrestling once again return to The Hagard for a night of action with some of the UK's hidden gems in pro wrestling. The team have always had our finger on the pulse when it comes to unearthing new talent and AMP is the place to see the future of British Wrestling including Tyler Bate, Chris Brookes, Mike Peace and many more!

MAIN EVENT FOR THE EVENING!

601257_601287466550528_656117055_n.jpg

A big showcase match from AMP as the recently on a roll Hunter Brothers tale on the local favourite and AMP Champion Jekkel - and his partner for the evening, Zack Sabre Jr in another rare AMP appearance.

THREE!

MATCHES!!!

31440_10151310251557511_2065907165_n.jpg

We pick up where we left off at the last event when The Dunnes and The Hunters had a breathtaking battle - but these two are by no means done! With Pete Dunne currently on his first tour of Japan, brother Damian will be taking on Lee Hunter.

535948_10151310313657511_1421217670_n.jpg

In our tradition of striking on new talent before too many people catch on, Triple X welcomes two debutees who have a hell of a lot of buzz around them in the shape of Chris Brookes and Tyler Bate - but these two youngsters won't have it easy as early 90's legends Jim Diehard and Benton Destruction look to pick up their first Triple X victory.

486070_10151310402227511_1861554617_n.jpg

The new champion Majik and The Damned Nation had some terms for the first title defense. They have insisted that as Majik "defeated" all other competitors in Clusterfuck II, he should not have to defend the gold against any of them. Well Triple X decided to throw our own curveball right back! Somewhat of an unknown quantity after only one impressive match for Triple X, Eddie Dennis has been given a big... no, MASSIVE opportunity and gets to go one on one with the champ. Although with Wild Boar and Gabriel Grey around, we can only do our best to keep it to one on one. Best of luck to Eddie Dennis. The odds are against him but he has nothing to lose and an awful lot to gain.

JUST ANNOUNCED

526930_10151322128152511_12175505_n.jpg

Another debut for Triple X Wrestling in the shape of the unpredictable rookie Sebastian Radclaw! Radclaw is as off-the-wall as they come and let's face it, that's the kind of guy we like around these parts. If there's one man used to dealing with the unorthodox here at Triple X though, it's surely got to be the zombie slayer Terry Seddon!

165399_10151322142787511_2065502728_n.jpg

Calm, cool and collected is the best way to describe Scott Grimm... And then the bell rings and he becomes a different kind of beast. Local Jobber #2 is from quite nearby and so his travel expenses are very low. He has appeared on a handful of local events and has fairly generic tights. Grimm made short work of the last hometown hero we put in his way in a brutal display of power. Frankly, I wouldn't put money on Local Jobber #2.

BUY TICKETS!

FOUR!

• Paid Members

Hotel and ticket sorted. Giddy like a fucking child! The weather had better get its shit together, though. I shouldn't have to be worrying about whether to take a scarf to a Wrestlemania event.

Archived