Dynamite kid docu

Jimmy Boy

Still not received mine as I'm in Canada and our post sucks out here, just wondered what you guys thought of it -any good? Any new insights at all that the doc brought out? seeing some clips it looks like dunk doesn't want to interact much when asked questions

• Paid Members
Still not received mine as I'm in Canada and our post sucks out here, just wondered what you guys thought of it -any good? Any new insights at all that the doc brought out? seeing some clips it looks like dunk doesn't want to interact much when asked questions

Strange that you haven't received yours because mine arrived a couple of days ago and Canada's an ocean nearer to the USA than I am.

I watched the documentary a couple of nights ago and, quite honestly, thought it was a pretty good piece of work. There's no interview value in Billington himself, since every response tends to be a single, often monosyllabic sentence but there are enough contributions from others to add some insight, including Bret anointing Dynamite "the best there is, the best there was". I don't know whether I give much credence to Bruce Hart, who claims that Billington was against Davey coming to Canada in the first place because he thought him an "asshole", but then Bruce has long been known as a dreamer determined to make himself stand out.

I might give it a re-watch tonight and pay a bit more attention so I can add some proper comments later.

• Paid Members
So basically, it was absolutely necessary for them to turn it into a documentary presentation rather than just a shoot interview, due to the lack of much substance to portion with Dynamite himself? Figured as much.

I expect so. His accent is so thick that subtitles are necessary, even for most Brits, so it would've been something impossible to watch whilst doing anything else, in addition to the problems of simply replying "yeah" or "naw" to everything put to him.

There's a nice touch at the end where Bronwyn, his estranged daughter, speaks about having built bridges with him and that they shared a special moment where they simulataneously cried and he said "ah'm sorreh", which has become a bit of a regular thing but which he switches off whenever someone else appears in the vicinity. It humanised him a little bit more than his earlier responses of "naw" to several questions about whether he had any regrets or would change anything did.

I think it was a good documentary, not great. Was pleasantly suprised at the amount of wrestlers featured in the documentary itself, but I echo everyone who has said Highspots must have been scrambling for ideas after coming over and interviewing him as he really is a man of few words.

I dont think he actually said a word to me at the meet and greet, but then after seeing that interview im not going to take it personally!

From the looks of it the dvd does seem to have a tonne of extras, so will definately be getting it in the coming weeks.

I never even thought if it like that but I guess that's why they turned it into a docu! Looking fwd to it, been following him years since I rediscovered him from him first power slam interview. Highspots said they'll be putting the whole shoot interview on their website soon so will be interested to see if he was as a struggle to talk as it came across

Surprised honky was saying great things about him, since he's always ripping dynamite trying to refute the story that dynamite made him cry, which everyone else says is true

A decent documentary, but he didn't really seem interested in taking part, did he? From what I've read and seen, he has to be considered one of the best wrestlers of all time, but if you believe in karma he thoroughly deserves to be where he is today. A reprehensible human being.

Archived