Raw results 25/02

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cena vs Punk was great. Definately my MOTY so far. took a while to get going, but the slow build to a great last ten minutes really made the match. Can see a few feuds building to mania now, i presume it will be Orton, Sheamus and Ryback against the Shield, but all could change still now. rest of raw was ok.

Brock Lesnar's amazing, but he and Triple H lack chemistry. Maybe it's just because I have no interest in seeing them wrestle again, but that brawl dragged.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger is backed by a decent angle. However, as said previously in this thread, they need to script ADR a little better. And Jack Swagger himself has virtually no presence or charisma.

CM Punk vs. John Cena was superb.

I thought the main event was very good, but I was certain that Cena was going to win so the suspense wasn't there for me.

Besides that, they showed a Taker video before the main event so I thought 'oh, so Taker's coming out after the match then, is he?' I realise they did that to get everyone to think something like that could happen so people stay tuned in.

Very good match, but I'm not sure about best Raw main event ever. The result was too certain for me. I appreciated it for their talent but I wasn't edge of my seat.

EDIT: Having said that, does this mean people will get off Punk's back now? He's definitely proved his worth to the company in this heel run yet you still get people shit on him on here. If you don't like him, maybe he's doing his job well? You can't really argue against the talent he's shown. In his face run, he was pretty gash but since turning heel he's been brilliant.

The result wasn't certain by a long shot. Punk hasn't got anything confirmed for 'Mania.

Sure, it was more likely Cena would win, but everything seems up in the air at the moment so there was certainly a possibility Punk could've gone over.

There was a chance that it could have been a three-way, but having known that Taker is coming back I'd imagine he's going against Punk. I weren't up for that happening, but in my mind that's the way I saw it going. I don't see him in The Shield match as they've elevated Taker's Mania matches to real significance since the Michaels matches.

Very good match, but I'm not sure about best Raw main event ever. The result was too certain for me. I appreciated it for their talent but I wasn't edge of my seat.

I've just watched RAW and agree completely with this. It was a good match but without ever believing Punk was going to win I struggled to really get into it. Also it made me realise how tedious I find Michael Cole's commentary - not sure whether it's nostalgia more than anything else but found myself really missing JR. Maybe it's because it's Mania season and I'd seen the comments of how it was 'Mania quality' before watching it, I dont know.

Really enjoyed the opening stuff with VKM/Heyman/Brock/Helmsley. The shot of HHH's face almost hidden through his entrance smoke was fantastic, thought it was a great visual.

The rest of the show was really 'meh'. If it had been 2 hours with that opening and main event, with some of the inbetween stuff it would have been better. Also Sheamus being involved with Barrett and Shield made them seem a bit lightweight on top faces and Ryback beating Ziggler annoyed me; not so much because Ryback won or Ziggler lost but there didnt seem any need to put them together - they could have used Ryback to set up the Randy attack on Shield if they just wanted him on the show.

I really enjoyed all of Raw and that main event was amazing. Surprised there isn't more love for Sandow's line "Cody is a grown man, he can name his mustache whatever he wants."

I must saw as good as Raw was its leaving me not very excited for Wrestlemania. I just don't want to see the two big matches revolving around 3 part timers having rematches of things I didn't enjoy in the first place.

The jumping HuriCenaRana made me rewind to watch again the minute it happened. Even though I had read about it, I expected it to be a counter, not a jump into it. Cena was looking leaner than usual I thought last night. Fantastic match

Archived