UFC 158: 'St Pierre vs Diaz'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

GSP saying he speaks better English than Diaz should of had me on floor but it made me feel sad for Nick.

Only real dip in and out of UFC but Diaz was the guy that pulled me in. Find him a fascinating character. No doubt lad loves a moan about how hard he comes across great to me.

• Paid Members

Having just finished it, this was easily the best conference call since Sonnen vs. Silva 2. Nick's a raging psychopath, but that's what makes him such a fascinating sports personality. The soccer mum story was particularly hilarious. Brilliant stuff. I can't wait for the Countdown show.

• Paid Members

Great, I already couldn't sleep. Now I have to listen to this. The quote in Jim's sig seals it. "Motherfuckers pampering my shit left and right" - classic Diaz.

Nick Diaz is fucking awesome. He is to MMA quotes what Tyson was to boxing quotes. As much as I'm a fan of Chael's stuff, it's clear he really thinks about and plans a lot of his lines ahead of time. With guys like Diaz and Tyson you can tell most of it is raw, heartfelt, spur of the moment reactions. It's like they lack the filter most people have separating what they think and what they say, they come right out with it and you get some gold as a result.

A wound up Nick Diaz, with a microphone in front of him, is guaranteed entertainment. And as much as he hates doing media stuff, his reactions to it sell the fight in their own way.

EDIT - extended version of Jim's sig...

"I hope so motherfucker. If I had that much money I'd be pampering myself the fuck up. I'd be having motherfuckers pampering my shit left and fucking right."

• Paid Members

God, imagine if Diaz moved up a weight or Chael moved down from middle instead of up, to face each other. The fight would most likely be one-sided as fuck, but can you imagine the build-up?

• Paid Members
Diaz would fight JDS tomorrow for a Nutri Grain and spliff. He'd fight Chael regardless of weight. He's been mentioning possibly fighting at 185 or even 155 recently as well.

:laugh:

So what d'you reckon as to the chances of Chael/Diaz happening, then?

• Paid Members

Not likely. If it was Pride we'd probably have seen it by now on a New Year show or something. But I don't see Chael going back to 185 anytime soon and I can't imagine Diaz going up to 185 for more than the odd fight maybe.

Plus both could retire at the drop of a hat. Chael's got a cushy post fight FOX gig waiting for him and Diaz...well fuck knows what he'll do. I just don't see them being in the same division at the same time sadly.

Whilst I would agree with the above it would be a shame if Nick called it a day.

The sport needs characters like him, the press conference proves that. I am now looking forward to GSP vs Diaz more than any GSP fight since the BJ Penn fight in 2009. It even surpasses the Hardy vs GSP fight that was coupled with a excellent and sadly forgotten Primetime that presented Hardy as a bigger threat than he had any right to be.

Getting GSP out of his cliche ridden "raising the bar" comfort zone is rare, only Diaz has managed to do that in years.

Archived