What is the Best Episode of

John Matrix

• Paid Members

There's a few fans on the board, so i'm really looking forward to hearing what you all have to say on this one and to be able to contribute more than last time.

Quantum Leap is in my opinion the absolute gold standard when it comes to television dramas. It ran for 5 series and a total of 96 episodes rarely dipping in quality through it

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Iv'e never seen this but Iv'e a mate who swears by it, i'm 21 and never saw/heard of this when it was about. Would it be accessible if I wanted to start now or is it of it's time and loved nostalgically by all it's fans on here?

• Moderators

Is it really that good then? Has it aged well? Or is it just a nostalgia piece?

I ask this not as a naysayer, but out of genuine curiosity; I've never watched an episode of the show.

It's just than I know it's neither a comedy nor high drama, and from the premise sounds like it would be standard fare action story of the week stuff. And even when that's done well, it's not threatening any "really great TV" lists for me.

• Paid Members
Is it really that good then? Has it aged well? Or is it just a nostalgia piece?

I ask this not as a naysayer, but out of genuine curiosity; I've never watched an episode of the show.

It's just than I know it's neither a comedy nor high drama, and from the premise sounds like it would be standard fare action story of the week stuff. And even when that's done well, it's not threatening any "really great TV" lists for me.

I know this

• Paid Members

It's not something I've watched since I was a kid, but I liked it then. The wrestling one sticks in my mind, for obvious reasons. The acrobat one I remember liking. Oh the few episodes where Ziggy's all fucked up so Dean Stockwell is the one leaping and Sam is the hologram was pretty mind-bending as a child. I wasn't used to shows fucking with the formula.

• Paid Members

The final ever episode "Mirror Image" is my favourite.

From the moment he looks into the mirror at the start of the episode and finally sees his own reflection after all these years, you know it's going to be good.

I just love all the little coincedences, like names and characters from previous leaps who just aren't quite the same. And his interaction with the "bartender" throughout the episode who keeps hinting that he knows more than he's letting on.

• Paid Members

I didn't like the evil Leaper ones. They were too dark. I didn't want rape storylines in Quantum Leap, I wanted Sam helping black people get a seat on the bus and stopping trucks from ploughing into special needs kids and stuff.

• Paid Members

Some cracking stuff already mentioned. I'll really struggle to come up with a definative best episode given that literally every one that's been listed so far as i've read it i've gone "OH yeah...love that one."

Not onto my favourites yet, but some other episodes to throw out there. Really enjoy Future Boy, especially the last 10 seconds before he leaps.

The ending of The Leap Home part 2 is without a doubt my favourite ending to any single episode and another that has me in tears every single time i watch it.

I also love all of the ways in which he influences the future throughout the series, apart from the Piggy Sue episode which i really enjoy for it's main plot especially when he eventually sees himself in the mirror, but that was probably one of the weaker payoffs overall.

• Moderators
I wanted Sam helping black people get a seat on the bus...

That was one of my favourites. I also liked the one with a pre-nosejob Aniston as well. The one where he leaped into a chimp was interesting as well. Was a pretty good show in retrospect, a million times better than having to watch the fucking wonder years or happy days.

Archived