F1 2013 Season Discussion Thread

jimufctna24

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, finally got Ian's new article up on the site.

Go have a read of the fine words Clicky!!

That is a link to my new article! Thanks for publishing.

Terrible news this morning, only 33 years old.

Woke up to hear Merc looked great in P1 and not so good in P2. I think Alonso will finish above 8th on Sunday to keep the title barely alive, but its just a matter of time before Seb gets number 4. I am just hoping for one more Lewis victory before years end.

Right, finally got Ian's new article up on the site.

Go have a read of the fine words Clicky!!

That is a link to my new article! Thanks for publishing.

Terrible news this morning, only 33 years old.

Woke up to hear Merc looked great in P1 and not so good in P2. I think Alonso will finish above 8th on Sunday to keep the title barely alive, but its just a matter of time before Seb gets number 4. I am just hoping for one more Lewis victory before years end.

I meant Jim not Ian, Goddamit!!!

FIXED!!! As for the issues with the compression of the articles, that is something that seems to happen when your importing from Word documents.

Has anyone else watched the 1 hour long Murray Walker interview on the iPlayer, as much as I don't like James Allen he does seem to do sit down interviews well.

One thing I learnt today (how true it is is up for discussion) is apparently Murray was one of the people who came up with the "A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play" slogan.

Has anyone else watched the 1 hour long Murray Walker interview on the iPlayer, as much as I don't like James Allen he does seem to do sit down interviews well.

One thing I learnt today (how true it is is up for discussion) is apparently Murray was one of the people who came up with the "A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play" slogan.

I really like James Allen :(

Thanks for the tip off though, will watch that tomorrow

Good race, lots of close racing. Gutted for Hamilton, but he's only got himself to blame.

I really didn't rate Grosjean last year, but he's proved all his critics wrong hasn't he? Really formidable drive today.

Things I picked up from Eddie Jordan's cryptic facial expressions this week:

- Mark Webber might join the BBC next year as a commentator. Is DC's contract up?

- Alonso to McLaren in 2015 looks like a strong possibility

- Brawn is definitely leaving Mercedes

I love transfer season. Who's getting into McLaren next year instead of Chico, and who's getting that last Lotus drive? Hulkenberg surely, but as for McLaren... seeing as they're about to get a big deal with Honda, perhaps a Japanese driver would make sense? Correct the mistake they made when they picked Perez instead of Kobayashi.

I watched on Sky, so I'm intrigued by the bit about Webber possibly doing commentary work...what led you to think that? I imagine it would only be on a part-time, select race basis since he won't want to spend 30 weekends away from home mixing F1 and WEC commitments. Could be interesting though.

Brawn is headed to Mclaren if you believe certain parts of the media who say that he is the "big signing" that Whitmarsh was referring to the other week. He's either headed there or to Williams. Hulkenburg is getting that Lotus drive, I saw something saying EJ believed he was going back to Force India. Well, even Jordan can be wrong from time to time on his driver predictions. ;)

I watched Bathurst too. Absolutely brilliant race. I had Radio Le Mans commentary playing with muted pictures which did a fantastic job and really enjoyed it. It's only 118 days until the 12 Hours next year, so not long to wait until the return to Mt. Panorama!

Archived