F1 2013 Season Discussion Thread

jimufctna24

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It was indeed a great drive by Kimi but overall a very boring race. Not even the safety car livened up the action. Two things though - firstly, I think it's out of order that Webber's been given a 10 place grid penalty for riding on Alonso's Ferrari back to the paddock. I know the reasoning (third reprimand = penalty) but that's ridiculous considering the stuff that doesn't get penalised. Secondly, what's with all the booing? It's rude and uncalled for. Cheer for your team/driver but don't boo the others. I understand why it's being done (I've fallen out with Vettel too) but c'mon. Thoughts?

Multi 21, Monkee ;)

Even in the cutthroat world of F1, a lot of fans feel Vettel is a cheat, or at the least unsportsmanlike. That decision has cost him a lot of goodwill. I don't think it's fair, but I understand why they do it.

If you're prepared to do whatever it takes to win, including disobeying orders and stabbing your teammate in the back, then you've got to be prepared to take the consequences. He's a big boy, he doesn't seem too phased.

I do not like the booing, I am a Hamilton fan but I do not think Seb deserves it, I actually think he is not a bad guy (sorry Loki) I understand why they boo for other reasons, but I think if Vettel was in a Ferrari or Williams it might be different, Red Bull do not have the soul of the more historic teams.

Vettel was sublime today, best car or not he has been fantastic this year, amazingly consistent and for the first time I would say the absolute class of the field on merit.

But I don't recall any booing when Schumacher was on the podium. It just all seems very childish.

No podium interviews though back when Schumacher was winning I betting he would have booed if they were doing Podium interviews at certain points in his career. Anyway it's not as bad as the British fans cheering when he had the crash that broke his legs back at Silverstone in 1999.

• Paid Members

There may not have been podium interviews but they were still on the podium. Vettel was booed before and after the interview although they were drowned out a bit by chanting "Fer-nan-do" from the rest of the crowd. And no, it's definitely not as bad as cheering Schumacher's crash. That's just retarded.

Sorry for the radio silence on my part, it would appear that my cough was not a cough and indeed had turned into a fairly healthy bout of Bronchitis, so in-between coughing, spluttering, knocking back Erythromycin like skittles and having to use an inhaler at times the site has had to have a little re-jig as there was a couple of things I wasn't too happy with.

I know there's still a couple of the fantastic articles to play about with and get images working and videos embedded but I will have it done by the end of the week.

Sorry if anyone has thought I was being lazy or if I have rubbed anyone the wrong way but go have a look at the new design and read Ian and Jim's fantastic pieces of work. Formula 1 News.

Sorry if anyone has thought I was being lazy or if I have rubbed anyone the wrong way but go have a look at the new design and read Ian and Jim's fantastic pieces of work. Formula 1 News.

Site looking much better man :thumbsup: My Schumi article getting published this week?

Oh and to those wondering, Schumi did get booed the year Rubens let him past due to team orders if I recall right.

Site looking much better man :thumbsup:My Schumi article getting published this week?

Oh and to those wondering, Schumi did get booed the year Rubens let him past due to team orders if I recall right.

That it will. Tonight (without meaning to sound too much like the guy from the Fast Show) I will be mainly sorting the 89 season review article and the history page (thanks for the reminder Ian :laugh: )

That it will. Tonight (without meaning to sound too much like the guy from the Fast Show) I will be mainly sorting the 89 season review article and the history page (thanks for the reminder Ian :laugh: )

Nice one, if you have the time, if you could sort out the paragraph problem with my articles it would be greatly appreciated.

Nice one, if you have the time, if you could sort out the paragraph problem with my articles it would be greatly appreciated.

Right finally sorted out the 89 season review Clicky!! go have a read you lot!!! I think ive sorted the paragraph problem aswell but will go back to check on that tomorrow night.

Will someone report back that the images and videos in Ian's brilliant article are working OK on their machine please?

Right finally sorted out the 89 season review Clicky!! go have a read you lot!!! I think ive sorted the paragraph problem aswell but will go back to check on that tomorrow night.

Will someone report back that the images and videos in Ian's brilliant article are working OK on their machine please?

Looks fine now

Archived